PDA

View Full Version : PID Died

JRLesan
11-29-2023, 10:34 AM
I'm looking for a source for a 1/8 DIN PID vertical temperature controller. The one in my home made unit died yesterday and I have been looking for a replacement unit that will fit the box I made some years back.

HATCH
11-29-2023, 12:15 PM
I moved your thread to the more correct section.

1/8 PID's come in two styles. Horizontal and Vertical.
Both are expensive.
1/4,1/16,1/32 DIN are the more common sizes.
My suggestion is to make a adapter plate to reduce the 1/8 size hole down to 1/16 or 1/32
The units I build use 1/32 din sizes PID controllers.

JonB_in_Glencoe
11-29-2023, 03:11 PM
Since you are using the industrial "DIN" terminology, May I assume you know what you are talking about? One of my Jobs before I was retired, was building Industrial control panels, and I know my friend Hatch has similar experience.
Now, most of us boolit casters that have built our own PID control, used a cheap 1/16 DIN like Mypin, Rex, or Auber (I used a JLD612) ...they are all, "almost" a residential device, whereas the 1/8 Din controls are more of a Commercial or Industrial control.
If I were to look for a 1/8 DIN vertical PID, I'd search out "surplus" Industrial control suppliers. You'll likely find a used functional unit for a price under $100, maybe even find one on ebay?

JRLesan
12-01-2023, 08:37 AM
Found one on fleabay; if anyone is interested, PM me and I'll steer you in the right direction...