PDA

View Full Version : More Shiloh Rifles Possible!

RMulhern
02-15-2009, 02:14 PM
Hmmmm....it appears that I may have some rather valuable paintings hanging on my walls...here and there. This guy Rudolph Pater visited with my family back about 20 years ago for two weeks and while here he did several paintings on glass for me and my family! I may just invest in another couple or three Shilohs!

http://i17.photobucket.com/albums/b67/Sharps110/Odd%20Ball%20Stuff/rudolf1.jpg

Painter Rudolf Pater exhibits landscapes in US

time: 10.2.2009.
place: Washington, USA
Familiar landscapes put on canvas by painter Rudolf Pater are going to be exhibited in the American Congress building on Capitol Hill, Washington in early February. Pater will be the first Croat to exhibit his works in this familiar American architectural and political symbol in the recently opened public areas of Congress which is opening its doors for cultural events.

This is Pater’s first exhibition in America and the first ever by a Croat to be exhibited in the American Congress. This special cultural event has been in preparation for several months and judging by the number and titles of the guests to be invited to the opening of the exhibition on 10 February, it is going to be an exceptionally significant cultural event.

Pater’s exhibition in the USA resulted following the initiative of three “ambassadors of good will”, carrying a great admiration for culture and fervent promoters of Croatian interests,

Pater’s exhibition – consisting of about 20 large format canvases portraying Dubrovnik’s landscape – Pater’s most frequent motif for his oils on canvas of details of Šipan, Konavle and Župa dubrovačka. The Congressional Croatian Caucus supported by the Croatian Embassy in Washington took responsibility to organise the exhibition.

A newspaper article entitled “Croatian landscapes by Rudolf Pater” written by American journalist and Professor Carol Lange was released about a month ago and was awarded a prestigious award fro its contribution to journalism.

NOTE

Rudi couldn't speak a word of English while visiting here but my brother is a linguist and could converse with him very well. Good guy he was and by golly....he may have just left a 'bundle' on my walls!!:-D[smilie=1::-D

Wayne Smith
02-15-2009, 08:17 PM
Congratulations! Any particular reason he was visiting you? Just the host, or a relative?

Don McDowell
02-15-2009, 08:40 PM
:-D I don't know what you'ld want any more of em for?:roll: Ya don't hardly shoot the ones you got now:mrgreen:
Course on the other hand if you was thinking about a gift for your spotters......:drinks::-D

RMulhern
02-15-2009, 09:38 PM
:-D I don't know what you'ld want any more of em for?:roll: Ya don't hardly shoot the ones you got now:mrgreen:
Course on the other hand if you was thinking about a gift for your spotters......:drinks::-D

Don

Dang it man....I can't afford but 5 cases of Goex a year!! I'm tryin my best to wear out these barrels but to date....they're wearing me out!!:drinks:[smilie=1::mrgreen:

RMulhern
02-15-2009, 09:42 PM
Congratulations! Any particular reason he was visiting you? Just the host, or a relative?

Wayne

My brother Frank met him when he was working for a firm in Moscow years back. Frank also met Rudi's family in Yugoslavia. Rudi came to the USA as a guest of my brother.:drinks:

Don McDowell
02-15-2009, 11:22 PM
Don

Dang it man....I can't afford but 5 cases of Goex a year!! I'm tryin my best to wear out these barrels but to date....they're wearing me out!!:drinks:[smilie=1::mrgreen:

Well shucks Rick what do expect when you shoot those small artillery peices?[smilie=1:I mean what do you get out of a case of powder maybe 200 rnds.:mrgreen::Fire:

RMulhern
02-16-2009, 12:42 AM
Well shucks Rick what do expect when you shoot those small artillery peices?[smilie=1:I mean what do you get out of a case of powder maybe 200 rnds.:mrgreen::Fire:

12,000 grains each 100 rounds!!

Good thing I only play much with the .50 when the weather is bad!! I can shoot from under the Bears Den at a 'bonger' I've got at 600 yds. across the field! When the weather gets right and the range dries out....I go back to the range with the .45/110 but still....that's not saving much when I'm stickin in 110 grs.! Enjoy it....while we've still got the chance!!:drinks:

http://i17.photobucket.com/albums/b67/Sharps110/BPCR%20SHOOTING%20RELOADING/a408-3.jpg

Don McDowell
02-16-2009, 12:49 AM
Well the cows are in the calving pasture now, so the 270 yd range is officially closed. Won't be able to shoot off the deck for awhile now.:coffee:
So there won't be much powder burnin of any serious consequence till April or May .[smilie=1:

Ron B.
02-23-2009, 10:31 AM
Nice setup! I like shooting my 45-70, 45-120s, and 50-70s from my open bench; but the weather on top this mountain gets pretty severe at time. The last few days have been nice.

May I ask about the guy that once sat on the other side of you?
Where did you bury the headless body? :)

GRB