PDA

View Full Version : Lee 452-228-1R

Tom W.
02-15-2009, 01:25 AM
Kinda new to this particular mold, altho I've had it for some time now...My question is .. is there two lube grooves on this boolit or is the top one a crimping groove? I sure hope so, because my RCBS sizer just puts lube in the tiny bottom groove...

Buckshot
02-15-2009, 03:31 AM
Kinda new to this particular mold, altho I've had it for some time now...My question is .. is there two lube grooves on this boolit or is the top one a crimping groove? I sure hope so, because my RCBS sizer just puts lube in the tiny bottom groove...

.............Yup, 2 lube grooves. However, using the top one for a crimping groove wouldn't cause a problem so long as it will work at that OAL. My 45 ACP auto won't. If you want to fill it with lube the boolit simply has to go deeper into the die. If it's that big an issue I can make you a nose punch to do it, just PM me.

..............Buckshot

Tom W.
02-15-2009, 03:45 PM
Thanks. All of my other molds have big, easy to define lube grooves...

dubber123
02-15-2009, 09:43 PM
As Buckshot stated, they are both lube grooves. An incorrect top punch can prevent the ram from pushing the boolit into the die deep enough to lube both grooves. The # 374 top punch works for me, although the RCBS punch with that # is a closer match than the Lyman.

I have shot many thousands of this boolit with total satisfaction.
Good luck.

Tom W.
02-15-2009, 10:30 PM
Buckshot... P.m. coming....