PDA

View Full Version : Lee Turret Press Indexing

shepherddogs
02-14-2009, 11:13 PM
Just got the 4 hole turret upgrade for my turret press. As usual with Lee there are no instructions for installation. The plastic ratchet is replaced with a square plastic piece. Also the aluminum index housing? is replaced with a plastic one. Does the square ratchet flat side (as opposed to the side with the lip) go up or down? How tight are you supposed to tighten the housing? Any help would be appreciated.

dabsond
02-15-2009, 08:59 AM
I have the classic turret press. I honestly can't remember which way it goes. I do know I had to order some more from Lee. The one supplied "wore out" and the press only turns half the required distance now. When I ordered the parts pages says that two are required. I only received one. I ordered 4 just in case at $.50 a piece. They only charged $4 for shipping. Hope this helps.

sturf
02-15-2009, 10:10 AM
You only need one.

jar-wv
02-15-2009, 06:30 PM
The whole indexing mechanism fell apart on mine after about a total of 2 hrs use. I tried to put it all back together but it didn't seem to work out. I used it for a while indexing by hand, finally put an old lyman turrent press in its place and threw it on the shelf. The Lee had to be one of the chincyest, cheapest built contraptions I've ever owned.

jar

Pepe Ray
02-15-2009, 07:40 PM
jar-wv:
If you'd like to make some room on your shelf PM me.
Pepe Ray

azcoyhunter
02-16-2009, 09:57 PM
The whole indexing mechanism fell apart on mine after about a total of 2 hrs use. I tried to put it all back together but it didn't seem to work out. I used it for a while indexing by hand, finally put an old lyman turrent press in its place and threw it on the shelf. The Lee had to be one of the chincyest, cheapest built contraptions I've ever owned.

jar

I am looking for a Lee Turret press.

If yours wants to move to N AZ.

Clint