PDA

View Full Version : hunt or let it cool down

white eagle
11-12-2023, 07:51 PM
that is the question
Our general firearms deer season opens up this Saturday
so if you had the same time frame and could hunt deer with a bow before and up to the day before the gun opener would you hunt or leave the area cool off till gun season?
I hunt a small area about 40 acres or so and the rut is on:arrow:

Mk42gunner
11-12-2023, 07:56 PM
If you are hunting from a blind, either ground or tree, I don't think it will make any difference; as long as you are cautious getting to it.

Still hunting, if you are very quiet while moving will probably be okay. If you bust through the brush like a Sherman tank, no.

Deer drives with several people? No.

Robert

Elpatoloco
11-12-2023, 08:24 PM
First off, I'd like to thank you for the sound advise over the years. You, 44Man and Carpetman got me to the point I am today with slinging large lead with handguns. I started out with another username but was banned because of a disagreement with a smart mouthed long time member. The Linebaugh is still laying the deer flat!

If the Rut is on, hunt it all you can Sir. It may be over by the time rifle season starts, get hotter, etc.

Colby

white eagle
11-12-2023, 08:42 PM
good ol 44
learned a lot from him as well
hope he ok and still kickin it

Elpatoloco
11-12-2023, 08:55 PM
good ol 44
learned a lot from him as well
hope he ok and still kickin it

Me too. I didnt agree with him many times, but he sure wasnt afraid to share/express his opinions.

hc18flyer
11-12-2023, 10:04 PM
I would hunt every chance I can! You never know what tomorrow will bring! I can't wait for our muzzleloader season to start in December! Deer camp here I come!
hc18flyer