PDA

View Full Version : Veterans Day

Rapier
11-11-2023, 10:30 AM
A time to remember those that went before us.

farmbif
11-11-2023, 10:43 AM
my wish for this Veterans Day is that all the stupid red tape be cut immediately to get help to those who need it, right now. been reading how some guys are still battling firefights with the Taliban every time they try to sleep and some have had great success with experimental treatments that are way outside the box. this should be priority #1 to give our vets the fastest and best care that is possible. the combat vet suicide rate needs to be addressed immediately.
to all you who are vets, thanks for your service and may the rest of your lives be peaceful and prosperous and filled with the joys of life.

Battis
11-11-2023, 11:04 AM
We were in Lynn, MA yesterday. Got a little lost trying to avoid traffic. If you know Lynn, you know what I mean. Anyways, we ended up driving through a large cemetery where many of my wife's family members are buried. She mentioned that her grandfather was buried there, a WW2 veteran. We talked to one of the workers and he located the grave and gave us a map, then offered to show us where the grave was. The cemetery has over 200,000 "residents." Each war has its own section - Revolutionary War, Civil War, Spanish American war, WW1, WW2, Korea, Vietnam. They have a fire and police memorial section. Each grave, for every veteran, had a flag.
He brought us right to the grave. Very impressive place, well maintained.
We did not set out with that grave as a destination. Can't argue with fate.
My son, who is in the Air Force, was named after her grandfather.

WILCO
11-11-2023, 12:11 PM
Wishing everyone peace and tranquility for the day.

WILCO
11-11-2023, 12:12 PM
A time to remember those that went before us.

Thanks for posting this Rapier.

RED333
11-11-2023, 11:07 PM
Navy here, thanks to all who have served and to all still in service.
I went and visited my dad at the Veterans cemetery today. Flags in front of all the head stones, lots of visitors there as well.