PDA

View Full Version : New glasses

jim 44-40
11-07-2023, 08:14 AM
Watch out bullseye's, Got me new glasses!

Hickok
11-07-2023, 09:27 AM
Atta' boy!:grin:

firefly1957
11-07-2023, 10:09 AM
In January I got Eye exam and asked my eye doctor what Prescription would be best to focus the front sight on a pistol or rifle. She said you would be surprised how many ask me that and it is not quite that easy . When I got my new glasses The front sight was crystal clear with however now 10 months later it is a bit fuzzy ....

Winger Ed.
11-07-2023, 12:53 PM
Good vision is VERY important out there at the target range.
If you don't put a good, clean hit on those black dots----
the Target Cong have been known to drag off their wounded to come back, laugh at, and mock you another day.

firefly1957
11-07-2023, 06:43 PM
Winger Ed Yes they do but it is nothing compared to Dry balling at the muzzle loading shoot there they end up hanging around your neck!

MT Gianni
11-11-2023, 02:33 PM
Mine let me bring a revolver without a cylinder to get things right.

Rapier
11-12-2023, 12:22 PM
My old Dr kept me tuned up, had a couple of Olympic shooter, patients. He was up on distances and requirements for sight clarity. He is now retired, so my new Dr is fairly clueless. However, it is not so critical today, as I retired from competition.
Then three weeks ago, got the start of age related MD diagnosis. So we now do the delaying stuff, with at least a pre warning of what to expect as the degeneration goes along. If you want to call it that, the bright side being it is one eye only and is not the dominant, shooting eye. So is what it is.