PDA

View Full Version : Trying to post pictures with no joy

nicholst55
11-06-2023, 06:55 PM
I've been on the forum for years and years; been posting pictures all that time, too. Except today. The forum won't accept any of my pix: Upload Failed - either from my PC or my picture host. Suggestions?

Winger Ed.
11-06-2023, 06:59 PM
When ever I had that problem, it was because the picture was either too big, or in a format the site doesn't recognize.

I have good luck saving a picture to desk top, trim it down some, then the site will let it upload.

metricmonkeywrench
11-06-2023, 07:06 PM
+1 on the size, I can’t find the settings on my phone to reduce the size/pixels. I end up importing the desired pix into powerpoint, doing a print screen or snipit tool re-pasting that image in, cropping it to the desired size then saving the result as a .jpg.

Too many steps, but the only way I have found for a low tech solution.

nicholst55
11-06-2023, 08:35 PM
I edited them and did some cropping. Lemme see if that helped.

ETA: That was just the ticket!

firefly1957
11-07-2023, 10:26 AM
The other day I could post no picture even with it reduced in size (quality) . I used to use paint program to reduce pixels of a picture to post here now I will post it to my page on MEWE then save that version and it normally posts fine and is faster for me .
I have used fartbook but they locked me out of my account three hours after I posted this :