PDA

View Full Version : Asked to leave Paypal!!!

moodyholler
01-23-2006, 08:15 PM
For selling a bullet mold. Wow!!! Told me they didn't need me as a customer. What are the other payment options? Anyone know anything about bidpay? Thanks, moodyholler

onceabull
01-23-2006, 08:26 PM
moody--------" Verrrry interesting, given that PayPals parent, e-bay, has 413 bullet molds listed for sale,as of 2 min.ago..!!! What gives ??? Onceabull

moodyholler
01-23-2006, 08:32 PM
I appealed it but was then asked flatly to leave. The girl on the phone said I had a history of selling gun partts and this was loaded ammo(the bullet mold). I don't think they have a clue. I am better off without them if that is the way they want to be. moodyholler

imashooter2
01-23-2006, 09:33 PM
All my auctions are USPS money order only. I may lose a couple of bids from the guys that will only use PayPal, but the USPS has never asked me to leave.

mike in co
01-23-2006, 09:47 PM
paypal and ebay are both anti gun
i quit my paypal as soon as i read the fine print on no gun related transactions.
i have since quit ebay, and will not go back.
they have taken an anti gun stance, its thier place...i'll just avoid it.
the final straw was over thier failure to collect my monthly fees, auto withdrawl and they blew it and blamed me......water under the bridge.....
there are plenty of other places , no since supporting the anti's

i always put mo, usps mo perfered

in my sales/auctions
mike

Frank46
01-24-2006, 03:17 AM
Mike, I always have paid with usps money order, its a pain to go to the post office but rather do that than pay by check. Never had a seller complain. I figger that if they want my money then how they get it is up to me. Besides you always have the stub. Course some sellers don't take po money orders. Their fault, not mine. Frank

45nut
01-24-2006, 09:20 AM
Ditto for me...
Paypal is blatantly anti-gun and I will not support them. They can kiss my ***. Ebay is a two-faced money *****,and I figure nowadays I can do without them too. Sure I may miss out sometimes,but I already have so much gun gear I don't have room for its crazy.
The anti's and the hidden anti's need to declare themselves as such and I for one am glad Paypal has stated their position so clearly,so that I may avoid them and their parent companies.
I am a young curmudgeon and will not budge in my values. And I do not tolerate fools,theives nor lazy punks well.

mike in co
01-24-2006, 01:59 PM
these are like gold. insured , and a federal crime if the seller does not perform.
i have a 7/24 usps office in town.
i have lost one mo in years of use, it was sloooow getting the funds replaced, but they did come thru.
you can cash them almost anywhere.
on large orders i offer a discount to cover the cost of a usps mo if paid with a usps mo.

and no politics involved.....

mag_01
01-24-2006, 02:19 PM
:lovebooli I use IGM Pay for internet gambling----Poker---(texas holdem)---have never had a problem---I can be in a hand and transfer money and have it before hand is finished--just that quick----Just as a side note--Paypal keeps sending me e mails telling me a 3rd party has broken into my account---I dont have an account with them (paypal)---go figure

trooperdan
01-24-2006, 06:10 PM
But you probably know that. Scammers blast good, official looking eBay messages out says you need to verify you account. It will contain a link that APPEARS to send you to the real eBay but it is really directing you to their fake site where they will capture all your info and drain any accounts they can get their hands on!

Just in case you (or someone else) didn't realize it is a scam

Maxthompson
01-24-2006, 09:42 PM
I got the same type of email today. Trouble is I never sold anything on Ebay.

When I went to the violation I got a link to give my vitals and mothers maiden name.
This I didn't do when I signed up.

I just ignored and went to the ebay site.

The email said I was banned from Ebay. I wenyt right to my ebay and corrected my address etc in case that was the problem but I think it may have been a scam to get your credit info.

I did notice the original email didn't have my email addy in the line so it may have been copied and re configured with different links?

Mike

NVcurmudgeon
01-25-2006, 12:19 AM
I've been following this thread with mixed sentiments. Yes, it is the pits being asked to leave Paypal by an ignoramus. OTOH, why do any of us ever even look at Ebay, Paypal, or any other known anti-gun manufacturer or service? I for one never look at Ebay, nor do I use Paypal. I don't wear Levi blue jeans either, especially since they moved their manufacturing to China, but I boycotted them for years since I found out they were a large contributor to anti-gun causes. That is just an example, there are many companies that I have nothing to do with because of their anti-me activities. Sure, Ebay is the biggest, but that's not an argument that has any appeal to me. THEY ARE THE ENEMY. I will continue to do my limited buying and selling either face-to-face, or on Auction Arms. Remember that Lenin said, "when it comes time to hang the last capitalists, they will compete with each other for the privilege of selling us the rope."

C1PNR
01-25-2006, 09:43 PM
Do I remember correctly that Ebay bought PayPal, not that long ago?

When you live in the hinterlands, you sometimes must do business with the heathens, like it or not. I still do some business with Ebay and PayPal. But only on the buying side.
When I can I like to use Bank Money Orders, which are free to me as a "senior" citizen at my bank. But when I'm doing business with an unknown entity, I like to use USPS Money Orders for the "fraud" protection.