PDA

View Full Version : Road Trip

beemer
10-23-2023, 03:24 PM
My wife and I just got back Saturday after two weeks on the road. We drove to Atlanta and took I 20 to Ft. Worth and then to Amarillo. We met my cousin and her husband who were also on the road at her nephew's home Albuquerque. All of us left there and went to Santa Fe and then to the Grand Canyon. We parted ways and we went the Hoover Dam and Vegas. Didn't do much in Vegas but look around, looks much better in the rear view mirror. Heading back we went to Durango Co. and across the mountains to Walsenburg. That was some of the prettiest country I have ever seen. Turned back south to I 40 and headed home. We stopped here and there at several places and went to some museums. We took a few side roads to see the country and get off the interstate. Clocked up over 5400 miles. Got home tired but I enjoyed it.

Always stop at junk shops and flea markets. Found a Farberware Superfast peculator that was made in Yonkers, NY in a junk shop and a few hand tools at a flea market.

Ithaca Gunner
10-23-2023, 07:15 PM
My cousin and his wife used to do that on his motorcycle every few years. They had a little trailer with their stuff and camping gear. I wouldn't do it with anything less than a small motor home. Comfort counts!

contender1
10-23-2023, 09:53 PM
Well howdy neighbor!

Sounds like a great trip. I've been to several of them thar places myself! :D

firefly1957
10-24-2023, 08:06 AM
Sounds like a great trip !