PDA

View Full Version : Been trying to contact Magma Engineering all week

AbitNutz
10-13-2023, 03:25 PM
I need some mold parts for my Magma molds and I can't get hold of anyone at Magma. I've called several times during the day all this week and all it does is ring. Does anyone know if there is something going on or not going on there?

Rockindaddy
10-13-2023, 06:57 PM
If you call about 4 or 5PM your time they will usually answer. Elizabeth will accept a call. Eric is the tech guy. They are 3 Hours behind us Easteners!!

John Wayne
10-14-2023, 06:44 AM
Hang in there. I called about a year ago and the owner answered. We had a pleasant conversation. They're still short handed probably because so many are choosing dole money instead of employment. He has seen what we see at the machine shop. Young men want good paying jobs but can't read a tape measure (at all).:veryconfu

hunter74
10-14-2023, 01:00 PM
I talked to Eric some time ago and he told me that Elisabeth was no longer with them. A while back they were much easier to get an answer from, and they always were fast to answer emailes.

I called Eric because I was interested in buying a new Bullet Master. He told me that they could not take new orders because they had trouble getting the parts that they needed and the people to build them.

I hope they still are going strong, because without them the Magma machines are "dead in the water" if the spare parts supply is gone.

Crossing fingers! Magma makes great products for us casters!

Sent fra min YAL-L21 via Tapatalk

AbitNutz
10-17-2023, 11:06 AM
Just got hold of them...all seems to be well. They're just a small operation and if he's not in there to answer the phone then it doesn't get answered.

pcmacd
11-06-2023, 09:23 PM
I talked to Eric some time ago and he told me that Elisabeth was no longer with them. A while back they were much easier to get an answer from, and they always were fast to answer emailes.

I called Eric because I was interested in buying a new Bullet Master. He told me that they could not take new orders because they had trouble getting the parts that they needed and the people to build them.

I hope they still are going strong, because without them the Magma machines are "dead in the water" if the spare parts supply is gone.

Crossing fingers! Magma makes great products for us casters!

Sent fra min YAL-L21 via Tapatalk

Elizabeth was sure easy on the eyes. I walked into their cigarette smokey office and thought, "What in the Freaking WHAT are you doing here, young lady????"

She was a pleasant looker, she was.

pcmacd
11-06-2023, 09:26 PM
Just got hold of them...all seems to be well. They're just a small operation and if he's not in there to answer the phone then it doesn't get answered.

There used to be at least three people in the front office. Iben going there for years when calling on the GM Proving grounds for HP vibration measurement products that I supported.

Either business is down or they can't fill open jobs. I thought about applying for a job there (I'm a competent mechanic and a retired mechanical engineer) but 1) I just cant spend that much time on my feet any longer, and 2) don't want to make the time for it.

It would be interesting work, however. Building, wiring up their pots and digital controllers would be mindless, yet satisfactory work for me.