PDA

View Full Version : Ribbon Cutting Yesterday Opening HUGE New S&W Plant In Tennessee

DougGuy
10-08-2023, 02:57 PM
I saw a pic on FB of them cutting the ribbon, I guess the huge new plant is now open? Up and running?

https://www.facebook.com/watch/?ref=search&v=855602859287072&external_log_id=62f356f0-751c-4d7b-a2cb-68cf7ac55ecb&q=smith%20%26%20wesson%20ribbon%20cutting

318768 318769

https://ir.smith-wesson.com/news-releases/news-release-details/smith-wesson-relocate-headquarters-tennessee

Handloader109
10-08-2023, 03:42 PM
And Sig just announced way big new location in Jacksonville Arkansas. Coming south.

Sent from my SM-S908U using Tapatalk

DougGuy
10-08-2023, 04:48 PM
And Sig just announced way big new location in Jacksonville Arkansas. Coming south.

Getting away from the looney left. We are going to be poster children for the NOT generation... NOT WOKE!! :bigsmyl2:

Hannibal
10-08-2023, 04:52 PM
The Blue states are driving businesses and citizens away in droves.

The ones who remain will get taxed into poverty or bankruptcy. Just a matter of when, not if.

Be vigilant. The Left will be trying everything they can think of to get the entire country to subsidize the cost of their failed policies.

sigep1764
10-08-2023, 05:06 PM
Bring everything into the midwest or south. Keep it between the coasts. Then the coasts will have nothing. No manufacturing, no farming, no ranching. We will have everything we need. They'll have to come to us, if we want to deal with them.

Hannibal
10-08-2023, 06:13 PM
Bring everything into the midwest or south. Keep it between the coasts. Then the coasts will have nothing. No manufacturing, no farming, no ranching. We will have everything we need. They'll have to come to us, if we want to deal with them.

You'll have a hard time cutting California out of farming. There's too much that grows there that simply cannot be grown viably elsewhere to replace the output. Lots of irrigation required.

Lots of things could be done if people are ready to forgo fresh produce in the winter months. Most people aren't.

tinsnips
10-08-2023, 08:20 PM
I would love to be able to go threw that factory an watch them make guns. I love museums an factories learn alot at everyone I go to.

country gent
10-08-2023, 08:44 PM
On the modern machining centers when the coolant comes on all you see is a white or light green wash over the guards until its done.

G W Wade
10-08-2023, 09:46 PM
Just hope they can get quality back up where it belongs GW

Dave H
10-08-2023, 10:02 PM
The one machinist that I had in my shop working part time used to be the boss in a shop in Wilks-Barre Pa. that machined the cast receivers for Springfield arms company. I was down in that shop many times watching them do work on the actions I taught Big Al how to tig the surface imperfections. They had another shop out in Dallas Pa. that had cnc machines to do some of the work on the actions. The owner died and Springfield hauled all the machines out to their factory and took Al out and made all kinds of promises when he got it up and running he ended up back in my shop doing production work.

MaryB
10-09-2023, 12:26 AM
You'll have a hard time cutting California out of farming. There's too much that grows there that simply cannot be grown viably elsewhere to replace the output. Lots of irrigation required.

Lots of things could be done if people are ready to forgo fresh produce in the winter months. Most people aren't.

All winter I grow enough lettuce in a south facing window to feed a family of 4... grow some other stuff too. I live in SW MN so not a lot of winter sun, I use a grow light to help out...

William Yanda
10-09-2023, 09:04 AM
This morning's news had an article about S&W leaving blue Mass. for red Tennessee.

jonp
10-14-2023, 12:30 PM
All winter I grow enough lettuce in a south facing window to feed a family of 4... grow some other stuff too. I live in SW MN so not a lot of winter sun, I use a grow light to help out...

We have a couple of grow lights and a Plastic bin we start vegetables in for the spring. We are about to try some lettuce for the winter. Do you have a particular type that works best?

We also have some of those bags for growing potatoes and we're thinking of planting a few in the back room using the bags It's unheated but down in NC it is never below freezing in the room. Wife found a way to dry can potatoes and they stay firm so we are going to put in many this year and can them for winter

jonp
10-14-2023, 12:37 PM
I saw a pic on FB of them cutting the ribbon, I guess the huge new plant is now open? Up and running?

https://www.facebook.com/watch/?ref=search&v=855602859287072&external_log_id=62f356f0-751c-4d7b-a2cb-68cf7ac55ecb&q=smith%20%26%20wesson%20ribbon%20cutting

318768 318769

https://ir.smith-wesson.com/news-releases/news-release-details/smith-wesson-relocate-headquarters-tennessee

I bet Mass is happy to see all that tax revenue heading south. Probably patting themselves on the back for getting rid of the evil gun company while getting ready to raise taxes to make up for it

brassrat
10-14-2023, 08:32 PM
Got two out of three for sure

Battis
10-14-2023, 11:03 PM
Hate to see them go, but I can't blame them. Maybe if Ed Shultz hadn't caved to Clinton, states wouldn't have as much power.
They almost got Bud Lighted by the NRA.

MaryB
10-15-2023, 01:38 AM
We have a couple of grow lights and a Plastic bin we start vegetables in for the spring. We are about to try some lettuce for the winter. Do you have a particular type that works best?

We also have some of those bags for growing potatoes and we're thinking of planting a few in the back room using the bags It's unheated but down in NC it is never below freezing in the room. Wife found a way to dry can potatoes and they stay firm so we are going to put in many this year and can them for winter

Little Gem romaine did really well, it is a midget type of romaine so doesn't need a bunch of height inside. Also my favorite so I haven't tried others... I do have it in a bay window so it gets light from 3 sides...

farmbif
10-17-2023, 12:42 AM
read a bunch about it. built from ground up and on previous vacant land with all new state of the art machines from one local story I read.i haven't been down that way in a few years but im betting its somewhere close to the Volkswagen Plant where many other big businesses built like a giant Fedex facility and TAG heavy equipment bucket manufacturing. wonder if they will have a factory store and parts and restoration service available to the public.

trapper9260
10-17-2023, 05:25 AM

https://www.kark.com/news/business/sig-sauer-expands-ammunition-manufacturing-facility-in-jacksonville-creating-625-new-jobs/