PDA

View Full Version : Lost a dear friend and family member yesterday.

madman
02-13-2009, 03:07 PM
My Daughters protector and companion. Dozer. A full grown Rottie. he would not leave her side even while he was very Ill I had no Idea that dogs could get Diabetes. I thought it was only a curse for humans. They never had to lock the doors to their house. He patrolled it constantly while she was gone. Slept in her bed room in front of her door. Comforted her when she was sick. So long for now old friend we'll meet again soon.

Heavy lead
02-13-2009, 03:22 PM
RIP Dozer, I have more use for dogs than most people. Wonderful creatures. God got it right with canines.

ept000
02-13-2009, 05:40 PM
Very sorry for your loss. When they are called man's best friend, they aren't kidding. RIP

Harry Eales
02-13-2009, 06:43 PM
I have three Boxers, lying at peace in my garden, each in their favourite sunny spot. I have known a lot of dogs, and many more people in my lifetime. When I die, I'd rather meet up with my dogs, than most of the people I have known.

My dogs were very good and loving friends, in both the good times, and more especially, the bad times. I've shed more tears over the loss of my dogs, than any human I have ever known.

The years in front of me, are now few, so it won't be long my four legged friends, before we can be together again, for ever.

Harry

scrapcan
02-14-2009, 12:14 AM
Nothing quite like a loyal rot. My wife had one before we were married and she would gladly have another if one came our way. I too have a very fond spot for rots. great dogs.

Boz330
02-14-2009, 02:43 PM
Love the Rots, my condolances. This is my 4th, Emma, guarding the rations. Each had her own personality and were gentle as could be, but they all took there jobs at the homestead seriously. Funny how they know the difference. They sure don't live long enough though.

Bob

bullshot
02-14-2009, 08:24 PM
Madman
Sorry for the loss I'm on my fourth pooch since I've been married. The last was seventeen years. Better part of the family.

Heavy Lead
Right with you brother. Dogs are the best.

GSM
02-16-2009, 11:45 PM
Madman:

Condolences on your loss. The ones with 4 legs seem to be a lot harder to get over than some of the ones with 2 legs.

The rest of ya'll with 4-leggers that you hold dear: Both dogs and cats can get diabetes. I wouldn't have believed a 4-leg could get diabetes until it happened - almost lost one of mine (big black cat that think's he is a dog) last year over it.

Quick (2 month period) weight loss
Activity slows down
Drinking and pissing a lot
Loss of appetite

madman
03-06-2009, 11:24 PM
Thank you all for your generous thoughts. There is no way to replace him but there is plenty of room to love another. To all that love 4 legged friends. God Bless and to those that have no room to love them you are the one that is being left out! I hope that the things that we have been taught are true, that we get to see our family and friends after this life is over.

303Guy
03-07-2009, 08:19 PM
My condolences Madman. I thought I was the only one!

My dog has been gone now for over ten years. He was kinda special for some reason. I rescued him from a pound as a 'teenage pup', damaged by abuse, but I got him right. He was a great dog - that's what I saw when I first found him. I have missed him since and mourned for him for several years. Now I am reminded of him again! I share in your loss.

Regards
303Guy

Chunky Monkey
03-07-2009, 08:44 PM
Sorry for the loss Madman. I have 2 boxers that I will truly miss whenever go. Some dogs are more than just a pet to a lot of people!

sundog
03-07-2009, 10:06 PM
My big dog's daddy was a Rot, mamma was a black lab, and he is quite a special fellow. He spent the day with me today while I was outside. I brushed him, got him some water. He doesn't ask for much. Fine pal. He's always there...

Charlie Sometimes
03-07-2009, 10:18 PM
Yes, there is always one good one that we are blessed to have included in our lives- sometimes a few of us have more than one. But no matter how many come and go, each touch us differently, and leave fond memories for us to share with others again and again.
I, too, hope that we get see them on the other side- there is so much I would like to do again with them!
Sorry for your loss- they give so much without question, and expect so little in return.
Truely- MAN'S BEST FRIEND. I can't live without one.

Shiloh
03-11-2009, 08:45 PM
Sorry for your loss. There are a lot of folks here who understand your loss. Myself included.
I love dogs more than a lot of people. Unconditional love and affection from them. Geez I love dogs.

Shiloh

azrednek
03-14-2009, 04:57 AM
I'm am sorry to hear the bad news and I share in your grief for the loss of a best friend. I have been blessed with a very loyal Rottie, his name is Drive-by.
http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y17/dnisbet/project-3-1.jpg

Ron B.
03-27-2009, 07:02 PM
Wow, or bow wow!
Please excuse me; all the sincere comments kind of let my dogs out! :)

I love my three dogs; make's not important.
I'm sadden by your daughter's loss Madman.
Heaven's just a cloud; a floating mass away.

Great photo AxRedNek of Mr. Drive-by!

GRB

shdwlkr
03-28-2009, 11:02 AM
Madman
yes our pets can get diabetes,heart attacks, stroke, over weight and arthritis just like us humans. I had a cat that was the king of his world but when I was going through my nasty divorce he would always be there for me and his two companions also. He lost like 15 pounds in weight in a period of weeks and started acting funny so took him to the Vets and they found out he had diabetes and if he would tolerate the shots he would have to be put down. Long story shortened he lasted three years with it and then one night he just laid down and died.
Only have one of the cats left that went with me through those very depressing years around my divorce and she is the oldest one of the bunch go figure.
I am very sad for your daughter's loss and when she is over loosing Dozer if you think she is ready go find another pup and just sort of loose it at her place. I have a replacement for my Oscar that I lost and he is very much like the one I lost.
Pets are so much fun and work and are really part of the family.