PDA

View Full Version : IP Banned by Administrator?

white eagle
09-22-2023, 09:12 AM
When I try to access this site with my VPN on I get a message saying the Administrator has banned my IP address and when I disable the VPN I have no such issues
Anyone else run into this?
Curious

15meter
09-22-2023, 09:33 AM
VPN on works for me across phone, tablet and laptop. Only problem I have is with the android operating systems. They randomly turn off the VPN.

It's using "too many resources".

No, it's stopping them from tracking me is the problem.

But I'm a jerk like that.

Currently I'm in Montreal. To the snoopers anyway.

ShooterAZ
09-22-2023, 10:52 AM
Certain VPN's have been recently blocked because the Scammers have been using them on this site.

Sig556r
09-22-2023, 11:02 AM
Some firewall settings detect unverifiable VPNs & blocks them until a reliable connection is established…at least what my IT friend connotes.

Polymath
09-22-2023, 11:49 AM
Yes, I had the same issues last night. Logged on this morning and no problem.???

No_1
09-22-2023, 04:42 PM
When I try to access this site with my VPN on I get a message saying the Administrator has banned my IP address and when I disable the VPN I have no such issues
Anyone else run into this?
Curious

VPN’s are the primary way scammers & spammers access the site. This year alone we had multiple groups access the site using VPN’s which have a documented history of abuse - those loopholes in have now been disabled.

All scams which have happened in S&S (“Good day mate! My friend has what you are after, email him”) have come in using VPN’s.

In order to slow them down I am blocking VPN’s as they use them. I am confidant there will be more VPN’s blocked in the future so those accessing using VPN’s may have issues if they are using the same VPN’s the scammers are using.

Rob

Der Gebirgsjager
09-22-2023, 06:09 PM
Unavoidable.

DG

No_1
10-02-2023, 07:32 AM
VPN on works for me across phone, tablet and laptop. Only problem I have is with the android operating systems. They randomly turn off the VPN.

It's using "too many resources".

No, it's stopping them from tracking me is the problem.

But I'm a jerk like that.

Currently I'm in Montreal. To the snoopers anyway.

I don’t have the same confidence you have in your VPN. The IP associated with your post on this thread does NOT indicate you were in Montreal at the time of your posts.

MrWolf
10-02-2023, 07:53 AM
Interesting. I use a Norton VPN and have had a few instances of issues using it on random sites. Not many and not here. Thanks for the info.
Ron

No_1
10-02-2023, 08:03 AM
Interesting. I use a Norton VPN and have had a few instances of issues using it on random sites. Not many and not here. Thanks for the info.
Ron

If you used a VPN for this posts it’s not working.

Rapier
10-02-2023, 08:20 AM
As I am sure you are very aware, there have been many, many attacks on reloading and firearms related forums/sites. It is an ongoing issue that is approaching being on war footing, in a cyber war. Keeping a site up and running is very time consuming. Thanks guys for the time and effort.

Winger Ed.
12-14-2023, 06:52 PM
It gives us good practice for playing that 'wack-a-mole' game at the fair.

2TM101
12-14-2023, 07:28 PM
Anyone else run into this?Curious

I have my VPN (Cyberghost) set to NYC for an unrelated reason and the NYC IP address was banned. Chenged it back to local and now it works fine. Because Los Angeles is more conservative then NYC I suppose.

MrWolf
12-16-2023, 10:35 AM
If you used a VPN for this posts it’s not working.

Thanks for checking that. Turns out there was a setting I needed to approve on this tablet. It should be on now.
Ron

ShooterAZ
12-16-2023, 10:55 AM
Thanks for checking that. Turns out there was a setting I needed to approve on this tablet. It should be on now.
Ron

It's working now.

MrWolf
12-16-2023, 07:34 PM
It's working now.

Thanks