PDA

View Full Version : For Thought and Meditation - Monday, September 18

Pine Baron
09-18-2023, 07:23 AM
Good morning all. Here's a challenge for a lot of us/me. Have a safe and blessed day.

Forget It and Move On!
September 18, 2023 - Dr. David Jeremiah

Bear with each other and forgive one another if any of you has a grievance against someone. Forgive as the Lord forgave you.
Colossians 3:13, NIV

If you’re having trouble getting over an insult, hurt, or injustice, here are two verses that may help. In 1 Corinthians 13:5, we’re told that love “keeps no record of wrongs” (NIV). We have to take that list of grievances, give it to the Lord, then burn it in the fire and turn it to ash, putting it behind us.

Isaiah 43:18-19 contains this counsel: “Forget the former things; do not dwell on the past. See, I am doing a new thing! Now it springs up; do you not perceive it? I am making a way in the wilderness and streams in the wasteland” (NIV).

If someone has done you wrong, your anger might lead you to want to seek revenge. Refusing to forgive another for their transgression can keep you bound by this anger. Choose today to forgive in the power of the Lord who has forgiven you, and free yourself from this sort of anger addiction.

Burn the list of past grievances, and go into the future knowing God is doing a new thing in your life.

Divine love is kind even when misunderstood. Love knows how to take sorrow and heartache victoriously.
George Sweeting

square butte
09-18-2023, 08:08 AM
Amen & Thank you for this Scripture and word to start my day - God Bless

GhostHawk
09-18-2023, 08:33 AM
Amen!

When he called me the first thing I had to do was to go through and forgive all those past wrongs, hurts.
See each one as Jesus would see them, forgive, and wash away the pain with tears. Once you have truly cleansed your heart the Holy Spirit can come in.

I think it is almost impossible to stay on track without the Holy Spirit's help. Hard enough even with it.

ioon44
09-18-2023, 08:35 AM
Amen good message.
Having Anger and Unforgiveness is like drinking poison and hoping someone else will die.

USMC87
09-18-2023, 08:48 AM
Amen, I have had to crucify my thoughts and motives before and am sure I will do so more.