PDA

View Full Version : Shipping cast bullets (just the cast projectile) to Canada

mehavey
09-14-2023, 04:49 PM
Looking a Canadian regs it appears straightforward.
Looking at the tangle of our own (U.S.) ITAR, CCL and EAR99 classification write-ups, however, makes my head hurt.

Has anyone actually done it cleanly, and/or have a good citation wherein plain English it used?

Garand
09-19-2023, 06:44 PM
I just got Budget Shooters Supply in BC to order me bullets from the Missouri Bullet Company, I should have them in 3 weeks.

mehavey
09-19-2023, 09:07 PM
Let me know what paperwork seems to follow getting them to Canada, and I'll
use that info to do the same that I promised to cast up for his experiment.

35 Rem
09-19-2023, 10:10 PM
Why do you need to tell them what is in the box? It's not flammable nor dangerous in any way so I'd just take it to the counter and pay the postage and volunteer nothing.

dverna
09-19-2023, 10:22 PM
Read up on ITAR

mehavey
09-19-2023, 11:43 PM
I did (read post#1)... which is exactly why I asked the "as-practiced" experience of others.

Run afoul of even the most esoteric/confusing element of ITAR and you can kiss away your
life as you knew it for a couple of years -- even if proven correct in the end.

dverna
09-20-2023, 06:43 AM
I did (read post#1)... which is exactly why I asked the "as-practiced" experience of others.

Run afoul of even the most esoteric/confusing element of ITAR and you can kiss away your
life as you knew it for a couple of years -- even if proven correct in the end.

Sorry about that. After reading ITAR you know you are not able to do what you want to do. I would ignore any advice from people who ignore the rules and hope to skate by.

And only a dummy would post they are breaking the law and post it here. Very high probability this site is constantly monitored.