PDA

View Full Version : Aperture problem

JRLesan
09-14-2023, 09:54 AM
Problem is with my eye(s). When I look thru an aperture I see 'spikes' coming down from 1 o'clock and 11 o'clock. When this first started some years ago I thought lint was caught in hole but distortion is getting worse. What is wrong???

BLAHUT
09-14-2023, 09:56 AM
Problem is with my eye(s). When I look thru an aperture I see 'spikes' coming down from 1 o'clock and 11 o'clock. When this first started some years ago I thought lint was caught in hole but distortion is getting worse. What is wrong???

Old age; go see your eye doctor ??

akajun
09-14-2023, 10:27 AM

get a larger aperture. On all my palma/match rifles I use adjustable iris front and back. As Ive gotten older the rear iris gets bigger, the front stays the same but I put a magnafying lens on it.
You dont need to spend money on a gehman or centra, get a set of small hand reamers

45DUDE
09-14-2023, 10:34 AM
Look at the moon-if you see more than one you need help.:) Same with a red dot if it's fuzzy-Correct glasses should correct.

Ajax111
09-14-2023, 12:19 PM
Take it from one that has eye troubles. Go see an eye Doctor.

higgins
09-14-2023, 05:29 PM
Cataracts? Before I had mine fixed everything was blurry, I don't remember seeing spikes in an aperture but it's been several years now.

firefly1957
09-15-2023, 07:16 AM
If you already see an eye doctor you might try opening the aperture a bit . I just swapped sights in a Replica Sharps 1859 added a Williams globe front sight and a tang sight . The tang sight had a very small aperture .05" I opened it with a drill bit to .082" and see much better with it . I was quite surprised I put in the smallest front ring with a horizonal line in the front sight and it is a prefect fit with the rear "V" in the ladder sight on the gun. The outside of the ring fits right in the rear "V" making lining up sights on target easy.

P.S. for all you talking about the eye doctor I do have a small cataract in my right eye the eye doctor is watching .

ebb
09-16-2023, 02:59 PM
Got mine done on Aug 24 my eyesight in the spring was 40 in that eye and had gotten worse since Aug. My check up the day after on the 25th in the eye with the new lens was 25 and the DR said it was still dilated from the operation and would only get better at one week it was better than 20, I read the 20 line perfect and got 3 out 4 on the next smaller line. Don't waste time like i did get it done.