PDA

View Full Version : Gun show mould

Rick4570
04-05-2005, 10:15 PM
I think I might be needing to ask for forgiveness, guys. This past weekend we had a gunshow in town. I've been really under the weather for a couple weeks now and wasn't planning on going to this one. A friend from across the state asked if I would pick up some primers for him, so I volunteered to go Friday afternoon when the show opened and pick them up. Since I was already there I quickly scanned the show. On one table was a coffee can about 1/4 filled w/what appeared to be 158 grn. .358 semi wadcutters. They'd been in that can for a long time, as they were covered in dust, dirt and grime. Also , sticking up out of the can was a set of mould handles attached to a four-holer mould. The price for all was $10. Now remember, I've been fighting the crud, and obviously wasn't in my right mind.....anyways' that's my story and I'm sticking to it. Honestly, I can't believe how stupid I was to walk away from that! I hope this isn't a sign of deteriating mental capacity as I'm not really that old yet. Will I ever be able to redeem myself?
Regards, Rick

waksupi
04-05-2005, 10:28 PM
Shameful!

buck1
04-05-2005, 10:31 PM
You might want to have better venting when you cast. I think the lead in the air has caused you dain bramage! LOL ....buck

shooter575
04-05-2005, 11:41 PM
Bad Rick,,Bad bad. One thing I do know.Every mould at any gun show I attend gets my fingerprints on it.No matter who takes it home. :]
We could give you a pass for being sick though. Maybe we should do a poll?

Buckshot
04-06-2005, 03:51 AM
.............I would suggest you go out immediately and slam your fingers in the car door. (sigh) Passing up a 4 cav Lyman AND handles fergosh sakes for ten bucks? Sure you don't have something besides a cold?

Jumptrap
04-06-2005, 11:57 AM
no redemption necesarry, damned 358156 probably, common as gnats on a dawg pecker, just as well you left it there...hehe! he probably chucked in the dumpster after the show to keep from packing it home.

C1PNR
04-06-2005, 10:28 PM
I think I might be needing to ask for forgiveness, guys. This past weekend we had a gunshow in town. I've been really under the weather for a couple weeks now and wasn't planning on going to this one. A friend from across the state asked if I would pick up some primers for him, so I volunteered to go Friday afternoon when the show opened and pick them up. Since I was already there I quickly scanned the show. On one table was a coffee can about 1/4 filled w/what appeared to be 158 grn. .358 semi wadcutters. They'd been in that can for a long time, as they were covered in dust, dirt and grime. Also , sticking up out of the can was a set of mould handles attached to a four-holer mould. The price for all was $10. Now remember, I've been fighting the crud, and obviously wasn't in my right mind.....anyways' that's my story and I'm sticking to it. Honestly, I can't believe how stupid I was to walk away from that! I hope this isn't a sign of deteriating mental capacity as I'm not really that old yet. Will I ever be able to redeem myself?
Regards, Rick
Were you at that Gun Show on April 1st? Is this another "leg puller?" Or do you really need to be "put down" for terminal CRS, like me?http://castboolits.gunloads.com/images/smilies/icon_wink.gif

Rick4570
04-06-2005, 10:57 PM
I only wish it were an April Fools' joke, C1PNR. The sad truth is I botched it, big time. I do remember that it was a Lyman. Must have been temporary insanity, yea, thats what it was. Now I remember! (sob, sob)
Regards, Rick