PDA

View Full Version : Finding Kcso

KCSO
09-09-2023, 11:04 AM
I figured I had better post this after some missed communications.
First off I am an old guy who renounced technology as soon as I retired. I wanted nothing more to do with so called advanced technology.
I am still using a flip phone (good enough for Captain Kirk good enough for me). I don't do text and I can no longer post photos here. I try and answer the phone when I can heat it over the machines in the shop.

I do check e mails once a day but that may change if my computer (windows 7) finally dies

Sorry that this has inconvenienced some but being and old curmudgeon I refuse to change.
Still around KCSO

trebor44
09-09-2023, 11:55 AM
Windows 7, great OS. But, you can't even buy a full installation CD anymore!

farmbif
09-09-2023, 12:05 PM
i sure do appreciate simple and lower or non technological living. but in today's world if I want to get anything accomplished, and pretty near every type of goods being sold online from big warehouse shipping locations and local retail outlets disappearing at an astonishing rate having adequate electronic communication technology is a necessary evil. just my opinion

super6
09-09-2023, 12:10 PM
I am still running the original windows. As far as the phone? I am with my I phone 5. A goodly step above the flip phone! lol. And yes I can still order anything I want from the nets.

WILCO
09-09-2023, 12:36 PM
Glad you checked in KCSO!

I miss the days of less technology and less government.
Anyways, keep living your best life.:)

Alex_4x4
09-09-2023, 12:48 PM

Sorry that this has inconvenienced some but being and old curmudgeon I refuse to change.

Now, if you were using MS-DOS version 3.3 and a wired army telephone, then this would really be an indicator of a rejection of new technologies. And so, I also use Windows 7.0 and a push-button phone (not a flip phone), but I also have a slide rule, an abacus type abacus and a mechanical typewriter. With technology, everything is simple - if their resource is enough for life, then great.

:-)

trebor44
09-09-2023, 04:37 PM
MS Dos 3.3 can be upped to MS Dos 6.2. Available with 3.5 diskettes or CD installation media. Also available on floppies.

And if you are wondering about CP/M 86: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/CP/M-86

Finster101
09-09-2023, 06:10 PM
I do understand your perspective, but when that stuff is no longer serviceable you will find your circle of contacts greatly reduced. You don't have to embrace ALL the new stuff. Pick one device to upgrade phone, pc, tablet. At least you will still be able to communicate with great places like this doing so.

No_1
09-22-2023, 06:59 AM
I figured I had better post this after some missed communications.
First off I am an old guy who renounced technology as soon as I retired. I wanted nothing more to do with so called advanced technology.
I am still using a flip phone (good enough for Captain Kirk good enough for me). I don't do text and I can no longer post photos here. I try and answer the phone when I can heat it over the machines in the shop.

I do check e mails once a day but that may change if my computer (windows 7) finally dies

Still around KCSO

Glad you are still around. Enjoy retirement.

atfsux
09-22-2023, 08:58 AM
I'd still be using MS Office if they hadn't stabbed us all in the back. It was the only decent product they ever made, because it actually worked and was stable.

.429&H110
09-22-2023, 01:49 PM
Captain Kirk had a flip-phone!

thank you!

When Wife screams at her smartphone, I hand her my trac-phone.
I never did figure out how to post pictures here, though.

choctaw/creek
09-22-2023, 03:24 PM
One of the best things I ever did was to ditch MS and go with Linux and I've never looked back. I got tired of being held hostage by the constant software changes and their decisions to not continue support of the older OS plus the constant never ending threat of pop ups, viruses, Trojans, etc. Bill G has enough of my money.