PDA

View Full Version : Armed citizens legal defense fund

murf205
09-07-2023, 06:24 PM
The title says it all. Does anyone know of anyone who has had to use them? I read an article by Massad Ayoob recommending them. I pray to God above that I never have to be put into that situation but saving your life or a family members life can cost you everything you own.

deltaenterprizes
09-07-2023, 07:21 PM
I would make an inquiry about this to the insurance company.
They may not want to disclose details about specific cases but they should be able to provide you with the information about how many successful defenses they have.
The cases are public information so it is not illegal for them to give you the information.
I belong to CLEAT a legal defense organization for law enforcement officers and they have a magazine and they publish cases that have been successfully defended.

murf205
09-08-2023, 08:00 AM
It's a shame that LEO's have to carry insurance like surgeons do. I have a friend who is a LEO and he told me now days, he is 1 bullet away from a casket or a courtroom

MrWolf
09-08-2023, 09:37 AM
My CCW Safe insurance policy covers me for bona fide shootings, etc. Shame we have to have that level of protection from the lawsuits and potential criminal charges but it is what it is.