PDA

View Full Version : It’s just a number

Hogtamer
09-02-2023, 10:56 PM
Ate lunch in the dove field where we would be shooting today and in the blessing thanked the Lord for 50 seasons shooting my own gun. Son later reminded me that I skipped a decade somewhere, because I’m 70 yrs old and got to shoot my own gun at age 10…..turns out my wingshooting skills are getting rusty as is my arithmetic.

John Guedry
09-03-2023, 09:17 AM
Got a picture from my grandson yesturday of 2 limits of doves he and a friend killed. Of course he added a comment that theymissed about 5 times that many.

Dusty Bannister
09-03-2023, 09:23 AM
My how time flies when you are having fun.

rockrat
09-03-2023, 10:03 AM
Kind of had the same thing going yesterday, but on the golf course. First time I played 18 holes of golf in over 5 years. First time I felt healthy enough to do it. Also 70 as not to long ago. Had to thank the Lord for letting me to be able to still play (started when I was 6). Dad played till he was 86 and was still good at it.

atr
09-03-2023, 10:35 AM
76 here and it is getting harder! But still shooting, hiking, fishing and playing tennis. All things I have done since I was a young kid.
amen to the god of good health, body and mind.
atr

armoredman
09-04-2023, 01:00 AM
I hope to make 60, really hope to make 65, ('cause them I will be retired), but 70? Not holding much hope there. God Bless you who have made it that far, now keep going!

Iowa Fox
09-04-2023, 04:03 AM
Heading for 76 now and I'm going to push myself physically and mentally as hard as I can. Grandson will be 20 in just a few more months. His philosophy is you have to walk in (far) in order to catch the best fish, find the best shooting, find the most mushrooms and shed antlers. I think hanging around younger people helps older people. He drives and picks me up so I just follow his lead, sure can't let him see me limp or hear me whine.

brokeasajoke
09-04-2023, 07:01 AM
Blessings for sure

Handloader109
09-04-2023, 08:43 AM
Woke up Saturday morning to a war down the Hollow from us. Was probably a mile away, but someone had a dove field and was a blasting away. Took me a few minutes to realize what was going on, as with all the hills and valleys close to me, there are not many places that will hold a dove field and lend itself to any real planting. Too much rock. And after being out here 7 plus years, I don't remember that much shooting. But there are plenty of doves. But there be some really poor shots as they were emptying their shotgun every time they shot. Rare was the single. About like me 50 years ago.
But that's another story. Then I had some guys shooting at 1130 PM last night. Sounded like an AR and probably some tannerite. I was bad, fired off two old boxes of 9mm reloads I had at 630 this morning.... cool and was fun rattling a glock mag full at a time. No doves were harmed.

Sent from my SM-S908U using Tapatalk

firefly1957
09-04-2023, 10:14 AM
Being in Northern Michigan the state does not allow dove hunting but there are 50 of them in the yard at times . As a kid in Arizona I went with my father dove hunting lots of them in flocks going field to field . They were some good eating too!