PDA

View Full Version : Tooling is almost ready to go

country gent
09-01-2023, 08:53 PM
I have the drill piloted and extended its cutting at .3125 a little on the small side so I extended a 8MM reamer its finishing at .3148, the liner foes in with just a light drag. Slides in easily and stays in place. Drill and reamer are both long enough to frill from one end and leave the original muzzle crown if i decide to ( just open it up to .245-.250 dia).

I am going to bore a sleeve to match the barrel taper to hold it securely.

Am planning on using anchor lube to drill and ream with. Its a very good high pressure cutting lube and is soap water clean up.

Right now the plan is 1/4 turn on tail stock 1 full turn then clear chips. On my lathe 1/4 turn if the hand wheel is .031. I may make a tail stock stop so I can slide the tail stock to clear chips easier. Also planning on a empty tool holder on the compound set to support the drill and reamer so I dont have to deal with the sag.

Im getting closer to putting Dads Model 61 Win into service

zymguy
09-01-2023, 10:17 PM
Where can a guy find anchor lube if he wanted to give it a try ?

Sent from my SM-S127DL using Tapatalk

CastingFool
09-02-2023, 11:00 AM
Where can a guy find anchor lube if he wanted to give it a try ?

Sent from my SM-S127DL using Tapatalk

try Amazon.

country gent
09-02-2023, 04:11 PM
Contact them directly online they will send a free 2 ounce sample to try. That little bottle lasted me almost 2 years just tapping and reaming you use so little of it. Last week I bought a gallon but I shared some with a couple friends