PDA

View Full Version : Forum down server issues.

Gunload Master
09-01-2023, 08:34 AM
After about 14 hours straight of fighting with server issues we are back. I am very sorry for all the downtime. I had a team of 4 people working to get it back operational. We had to use a backup that was a touch older so we lost about 14 hours of posts. Again very sorry. Our system is very outdated and going to be requiring a lot of work to get to where it needs to be. I am overwhelmed with emails and will get to people as i can. Thanks for your patience and please prepare yourself for a huge forum makeover soon. Its not something people enjoy, but it has to happen to stay going. Thanks everyone for all you do!

sigep1764
09-01-2023, 08:59 AM
Thank you and your team for all you do! It was super weird to not get my fix like every night for the past decade!

square butte
09-01-2023, 09:13 AM
Thanks for all you do & have done over the years - God Bless

schutzen-jager
09-01-2023, 09:30 AM
thanks for the heads up - please do not use the same program that the CMP forum did 3 months ago - their so called update has left the site non functional for majority of users since than + no resolution in sight -

Gunload Master
09-01-2023, 09:50 AM
Which CMP forum are you referring too so I can have a look? I've done testing with this upgraded software a while back and it failed miserably which is why i've been real hesitant on upgrading here. I don't want any information lost or have this place not looking like home for people. I am currently in the process of upgrading swaparms.com to the newest software to perform testing on it and see how it works while working on a theme that looks as similar to here as possible. If anyone wants to go over there once it's up and running and check out the new software your more then welcome too.

Minerat
09-01-2023, 10:02 AM
Thanks Willy for letting us know what the problem was.

GregLaROCHE
09-01-2023, 10:12 AM
Do whatever you need to do. I’m sure most members are loyal and will put up with some inconveniences to make things better.

sparky45
09-01-2023, 10:13 AM
I apparently lost some posts concerning a upper I sold. Marked it as sold and that's not registering. Missing some PM's as well.

dverna
09-01-2023, 10:37 AM
If you are looking at other systems, I have had very few issues with another forum called TractorByNet.

They have 450k threads, 6 million messages and 350k members.

Whatever you decide, most of us understand change can be challenging.

Good luck!!!

MaryB
09-01-2023, 12:10 PM
The HiPoint forum swapped to Fora last year, seems to work okay... took getting used to...

376Steyr
09-01-2023, 12:32 PM
The CMP Forum mentioned is here: https://forums.thecmp.org/

Aside from the usual gripes about a format change, their change-over was a disaster. User names disappeared, the classified ads sections blanked out with lots of transactions underway, and worst of all lots of the old threads vanished. Since the CMP Forum is basically a site for "Collectors" a huge amount of historical information was lost. The forum members were not happy.

Gunload Master
09-01-2023, 01:58 PM
That cmp forum is the software i was going to upgrade to a couple years ago and it was so dlawed and buggy i never made the switch. Theres a newer version out that has upgraded that, im in the works of testing. The tractor forum uses a good basic software that i used a long time ago. Its an option!

schutzen-jager
09-01-2023, 02:25 PM
Which CMP forum are you referring too so I can have a look? I've done testing with this upgraded software a while back and it failed miserably which is why i've been real hesitant on upgrading here. I don't want any information lost or have this place not looking like home for people. I am currently in the process of upgrading swaparms.com to the newest software to perform testing on it and see how it works while working on a theme that looks as similar to here as possible. If anyone wants to go over there once it's up and running and check out the new software your more then welcome too.

it is the CMP members forun - https://b34da70920f9-006155.vbulletin.net/ - done by vBulletin - - they performed the changeover w/o any notice to over 30.000 participants in April - process took apx. 6 days + it still has only very partial functuality - i any many others can not sign in or post + getting no response at all from them -

gpidaho
09-01-2023, 02:43 PM
Thank you Willy for the explanation. I wondered what happened to my Swapping and selling offer. Not much harm only lost one bid. Reposted this morning. Gp

P Flados
09-01-2023, 08:54 PM
Thanks in general.

Teddy (punchie)
09-01-2023, 09:11 PM
Thank you Willy for the explanation. I wondered what happened to my Swapping and selling offer. Not much harm only lost one bid. Reposted this morning. Gp

Same here but all is good enough . Some we loose .

Rick B
09-02-2023, 12:16 AM
Thanks to everyone for the hard work to get the CB Forum back on line. Speaking of Forum layout/ appearance and readability. I dislike the V Bulletin format of the CMP Forums. If were going to loose the CB format the Pro Boards format at The Single Actions Forum is a lot easier on the eyes.

Gunload Master
09-02-2023, 01:21 AM
I am working on the new software that "potientially" will be implemented here. You can sign up or view the upgraded version here: swaparms.com