PDA

View Full Version : Ruger MK2 came to live at my house

ebb
08-25-2023, 09:21 PM
I have been looking for MK2 magazines and was shocked at how much money they want for Ruger factory magazines. I have seen some aftermarket from Pro mag and Mec Gar, are either close to as good as Ruger factory magazines? I have a bunch of magazines for my standard model that Ive owned since I was 16. I don't think they will work with the MK2. Does anybody else make some that i don't know about?

rbuck351
08-26-2023, 12:24 AM
If your standard model mags have a slot in both sides, they can be used in mk1 or mk2 by swapping the depressor button from one side to the other.

sigep1764
08-26-2023, 01:14 AM
Mec Gars are the most solid magazines I’ve used. Never had a Ruger 22, but have used them in CZs, Ruger P95s, and 1911 9mms.

dtknowles
08-26-2023, 01:17 AM
I have one after market mag for my MKII's it works fine but doesn't have the eagle. I would pay extra for factory mags. I have two MKII's I think they are the best Ruger .22 pistols. I think I have four mags. total.
TEK

CastingFool
08-26-2023, 06:54 AM
I had both a mk1 and a mk2. The mag for the mk2 would fit and lock into the mk1, but I never fired the gun. I sold the mk1, wished I hadn't

redhawk0
08-26-2023, 08:17 AM
I have two factory and two Mec Gar for my MK-II...I interchange them and never notice any difference. Both are sturdy but the Mec Gars have a slightly larger loading button. It is a bit easier on the thumb when loading. I don't know if age makes a difference...my Mec Fars are close to 10-12 years old now. I don't have a newer one to compare with.

redhawk

[EDIT] sorry...I said Pro Mag originally...Mine are Mec Gar....corrected.

TNsailorman
08-26-2023, 10:29 AM
I had an early MK I Government model and like the dummy I have always been, I sold it to buy another toy. Bad mistake, I have never had a .22 pistol that was as accurate as that MK I. james

dtknowles
08-26-2023, 04:36 PM
I have two factory and two Mec Gar for my MK-II...I interchange them and never notice any difference. Both are sturdy but the Mec Gars have a slightly larger loading button. It is a bit easier on the thumb when loading. I don't know if age makes a difference...my Mec Fars are close to 10-12 years old now. I don't have a newer one to compare with.

redhawk

[EDIT] sorry...I said Pro Mag originally...Mine are Mec Gar....corrected.

I got a tool that holds the button down. Yes, the button is a pain even when it is a bit bigger.

Tim