PDA

View Full Version : BB Gun Collection

georgerkahn
08-25-2023, 08:20 AM
I noted on a nearby Craigslist a listing for many, many antique/collectible BB guns. Not anything I have interest in, but I reckon there may by some on this forum who are into old BB guns. Here's the link: https://potsdam.craigslist.org/atq/d/massena-antique-bb-gun-collection/7658582692.html
(I know nothing about this, other than seeing the ad and (hopefully) being a nice guy in letting folks on this site know...)
geo

bedbugbilly
08-25-2023, 08:40 AM
Whew! I'm glad you aren't interested in the BB guns George . . . . what would your mother think? She'd be worried sick that you "might put your eye out"! :-) (One of my mother's favorite warnings. :-) )

Nice of you to post this - maybe someone here that likes old BB guns will find a treasure. I sold my trust 'ol Daisy when I had an auction to settle my mother's estate. I don't remember what it brought, but I remember a young fellow bought it and was tickled with it - it went to the right guy!

Jim

georgerkahn
08-25-2023, 09:19 AM
Whew! I'm glad you aren't interested in the BB guns George . . . . what would your mother think? She'd be worried sick that you "might put your eye out"! :-) (One of my mother's favorite warnings. :-) )

Nice of you to post this - maybe someone here that likes old BB guns will find a treasure. I sold my trust 'ol Daisy when I had an auction to settle my mother's estate. I don't remember what it brought, but I remember a young fellow bought it and was tickled with it - it went to the right guy!

Jim

Interestingly, as a "city kid", I never ever had a bb gun! I bought my first (actually, a pair) for use as a teaching aid shortly after I became a Hunter Safety (firearms) Instructor -- two Daisy Avanti 499 Single-shot target BB carbines. For my sons, growing up, I had purchased a Daisy Model Powerline 900 .177 air rifle. This was quickly replaced with .22 rimfires... I was lucky -- still have two working eyes, albeit I do have (left eye) cataract surgery scheduled in near future.
geo

schutzen-jager
08-25-2023, 09:59 AM
wow - some very rare ones pictured -

firefly1957
08-27-2023, 09:27 AM
That is in my wife's home town , it would be a nice area if it was not in N.Y. State.

super6
08-27-2023, 10:18 AM
What! a whole collection and no brass Benjamin Franklins? that is cruel and unusual.

ascast
08-27-2023, 10:37 AM
that is a very nice collection. Thanks for posting. I wonder if BB guns come under Kathy's "all guns need FFL transfer" law?

WRideout
08-28-2023, 10:59 AM
In California you can only transfer these with proof that they are cruelty free; never tested on animals.

Wayne