PDA

View Full Version : Not Reloading but Vintage Al Freeland & Stuff

pete501
08-19-2023, 07:18 PM
This maybe in the wrong catagory, but I would like to share some vintage Al Freeland stuff.

The Bausch & Lomb spotting scope & Freeland tripod were at a neighbor's yard sale years ago, it's what I take to the range, fixed 30x eyepiece.

I found the cuff today at a yard sale. I asked if the seller knew what this was. She said someone told her it was for shooting, which made since her father was a shooter.

The rifle rest was made by Dean, one of the old timers at the range where I was a RO. Not Freeland and Not vintage unless 20 years counts.
I didn't have on at the time, and he wasn't making them anymore. Fortunately, someone turned one into lost and found. It went unclaimed and the lost and found items were to be raffled off amongst the volunteer range officers. You guessed it, My ticket was drawn #1.

When Dean was making them, he was only charging $100 for them.

Green Frog
08-19-2023, 07:26 PM
You’re right. Not vintage reloading gear, but since there’s no “correct” category for this stuff, I was pleased to see it here. Neat stuff!
Froggie

John Wayne
08-24-2023, 07:11 PM
I'm glad you posted this stuff and told the story!

No_1
08-27-2023, 08:08 PM
When I created the “Vintage” area of the forum I totally overlook glass.

Thanks for posting your scope - you can lay claim to being the spark which lead to the creation of this new section. Thank you!

Rockingkj
08-28-2023, 08:30 AM
Hard to beat those old Bausch & Lomb spotting scopes. You can spend a lot of $ on a new spotting scope and not gain a thing. My go to is B&L Discoverer 15x60.

marlinman93
09-01-2023, 10:59 PM
I have some old Al Freeland wooden bullet boxes for .22 rimfire ammo. I used to shoot bullseye matches, and used these to keep my ammo handy to load my magazines on my target pistol between the different stages. They were very handy as the holes for ammo were set up in groups of five, which is what we loaded in each magazine.
Have to get some pictures of my Freeland boxes and post here!

No_1
09-02-2023, 11:26 AM
I have some old Al Freeland wooden bullet boxes for .22 rimfire ammo. I used to shoot bullseye matches, and used these to keep my ammo handy to load my magazines on my target pistol between the different stages. They were very handy as the holes for ammo were set up in groups of five, which is what we loaded in each magazine.
Have to get some pictures of my Freeland boxes and post here!

Please do!

marlinman93
09-02-2023, 12:08 PM
Both Freeland range boxes for Bullseye matches, or adult smallbore. Different eras with the left box being earlier, and a nicer catch. Nobody builds things like Al Freeland sold in the day anymore!

https://i.imgur.com/s13ORF9l.jpg
https://i.imgur.com/zwg1BvPl.jpg