PDA

View Full Version : Another .32 joins the herd

GhostHawk
08-18-2023, 09:27 PM
First saw these at a local pawn shop, they had 2, both priced well above 300$.

I said I'd be back in a few months when the prices come down.

Walked in today and it had a sticker for 270$ on the grip, so I bought it. Went through the paperwork, no issues.

CRYENA Zastava 7.65mm Mod 70 Made in Yugoslavia, imported GRC Martinsburg Wv.

Nice solid piece of work, wife seemed taken by it so she may steal it.

Plan on taking her and it out monday to try it.

ohen cepel
08-18-2023, 09:48 PM
Looks like it may have the really high adjustable rear sight put on it for importation points. If it shoots off, finding an original rear sight should fix that.

Neat little guns! Plus, all metal with a hammer which I really enjoy.

shooting on a shoestring
08-19-2023, 07:24 AM
Ohen,
So I’ve seen overly tall adjustable sights on another CZ70 and didn’t understand it.
1968 GCA. Got it.

shooting on a shoestring
08-19-2023, 07:30 AM
GhostHawk, congratulations on landing one.
I’ve got the predecessor CZ50. Lotta gun for money.
Mine has a petty tight chamber and it’s not as forgiving on brass thickness/boolit base bulge as some of my other 32’s. But it’s a great shooter.
Hope you get to shoot yours soon.

dverna
08-19-2023, 09:16 AM
I had one and they are nice guns. I hated reloading for it, but I am easily frustrated too...LOL.

I think you will like it and let's hear your range report.

Texas by God
08-19-2023, 04:27 PM
That Baby Tokarev should do fine.
Is the safety positive and secure for cocked and locked carry?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Captain O
08-19-2023, 05:10 PM
These are great little pistols because they shoot well. You should buy an Zastava M57 rear sight blade and have a qualified gunsmith slide it into position. This will solve the "bulky sight" problem very quickly.

GhostHawk
08-19-2023, 09:17 PM
Texas safety is fine, tested several times with unloaded safe gun. Never dropped the hammer until I set safety to fire and pulled the trigger.

Trigger is I think between 3 and 5 lbs, seems to vary some. But low enough to not be a problem.

When I took it apart I did have an issue putting it back together. Thought I had it hooked and moved my hands to resecure grip and POING. Off the bushing launched into space. Heard it hit to my left and a couple hours later when I got methodical about clearing off my table I found it.

Got it back together with no issues.

I'll be looking for an afordable replacement rear sight. I suspect it will shoot a little high. But we shall find out.

In the meantime I am sizing and flaring brass getting it ready for primers. Tommorow I need to do a casting session as I am out of the lee .314 90 gr truncated cone cast I like for .32's.

Thumbcocker
08-20-2023, 09:11 AM
Looking forward to a range report.

Jeff Michel
08-20-2023, 04:10 PM
Mine works pretty good, nice and light "carry around the farm" pistol.

Green Frog
08-20-2023, 10:13 PM
That’s one heavy bodied tree rat! Looks almost like a rabbit body with squirrel ears and tail. Must have been a good acorn season. Glad you were well gunned… I’d hate for that monster have turned on you. That wouldn’t have been pretty! :-o
Froggie

rintinglen
08-21-2023, 12:02 AM
Dang, squirrels carrying guns? That is a tough neighbor hood!

trapper9260
08-21-2023, 04:40 AM
First saw these at a local pawn shop, they had 2, both priced well above 300$.

I said I'd be back in a few months when the prices come down.

Walked in today and it had a sticker for 270$ on the grip, so I bought it. Went through the paperwork, no issues.

CRYENA Zastava 7.65mm Mod 70 Made in Yugoslavia, imported GRC Martinsburg Wv.

Nice solid piece of work, wife seemed taken by it so she may steal it.

Plan on taking her and it out monday to try it.

I got one like that and the raise rear sight it needs to be change . It was put on there because of the import laws. I have my gunsmith fixing my . That sight on it is plastic and you will not like how it will shoot . But over all a good gun .

FergusonTO35
08-23-2023, 04:56 PM
Mine works pretty good, nice and light "carry around the farm" pistol.

That's a big Appalachian Fox Squirrel. Tough little buggers that require good marksmanship. They can be so heavy that you have shoot once or twice more just to knock them out of the tree!