PDA

View Full Version : Anyone shooting a Springfield Prodigy 9mm DS?

AnthonyB
08-14-2023, 01:39 PM
Fellas:
Anyone shooting a Prodigy?
Tony

wddodge
08-14-2023, 04:35 PM
A friend has one that I've put maybe a hundred rounds thru. It feels like a double stack 1911 and shoots as nice as it looks.

Denny

FergusonTO35
08-21-2023, 12:52 PM
We've had a few of the Echelon pistols come through the shop. Nice guns but don't see any advantage over anything else. Looks awfully Sig P320ish.

Lefty Red
08-23-2023, 04:33 AM
I have, and I just put a 4.5” in layaway. Some of earlier ones had “some” issues, and I say that like that because most YT reviews I saw they tried like hell to break it cause it’s not a Staccato. I have a Staccato and if I knew the Prodigy were coming out I wouldn’t have bought it!

Short review, if I was still on duty I would carry the Staccato in my holster just because it’s stainless and more proven. I see the Prodigy as a budget version with lesser in finish and build but it still works and runs great. Mine will be a range toy and home defense tool, so I don’t care if it gets nicks or dings.

I would like to see SA come out with a 10mm or 45ACP in the Prodigy!

kerplode
08-23-2023, 12:39 PM
We've had a few of the Echelon pistols come through the shop. Nice guns but don't see any advantage over anything else. Looks awfully Sig P320ish.

Echelon isn't a Prodigy...

At this point, I think we've sold 4 or 5 Prodigy's. Of that group, and according to the owners, one needed some tuning to get it to run. I don't really think any of them have any high round counts on them yet, though, so IDK how they'll hold out.

It's a neat gun, and it's cheaper than a Stacatto, but it's not for me. I dunno...I just have zero interest in 2011s.

FergusonTO35
08-23-2023, 04:39 PM
Echelon isn't a Prodigy...

At this point, I think we've sold 4 or 5 Prodigy's. Of that group, and according to the owners, one needed some tuning to get it to run. I don't really think any of them have any high round counts on them yet, though, so IDK how they'll hold out.

It's a neat gun, and it's cheaper than a Stacatto, but it's not for me. I dunno...I just have zero interest in 2011s.

My bad, for some reason I thought they were different versions of the same gun.