PDA

View Full Version : What comes after "Boolit Grand Master"?

WILCO
08-13-2023, 12:46 PM
I took a quick look in the "FAQ" section and didn't see anything regarding titles and boolit icons.
Can someone please give me a direction to go to?

Thank you very much.:cast_boolits:

Electrod47
08-13-2023, 02:49 PM
I would imagine when that mark is hit, your post count is reset to zero and you start all over..........

imashooter2
08-13-2023, 03:04 PM
You stay a grand master and just collect more golden boolits.

M-Tecs
08-13-2023, 03:29 PM
Old age and death...............

Minerat
08-13-2023, 03:37 PM
You get a silver boolit for every 1000 meaningful posts and a gold for every 5000 so 7000 is 1 gold and 2 silver. As to title I think "Boolit Grand Master". Is the top you can go to without No_1 changing it. If you have questions about changing it I suggest you contact him.

They so give the Golden Boolit Award, you can read about it here.

https://castboolits.gunloads.com/cmps_index.php?page=GBAward

WILCO
08-13-2023, 10:48 PM
You get a silver boolit for every 1000 meaningful posts and a gold for every 5000 so 7000 is 1 gold and 2 silver. As to title I think "Boolit Grand Master". Is the top you can go to without No_1 changing it. If you have questions about changing it I suggest you contact him.

They so give the Golden Boolit Award, you can read about it here.

https://castboolits.gunloads.com/cmps_index.php?page=GBAward

How many Golden Boolit awards are we up to?
BruceB was the first one that came to mind.
I miss him and a few other guys.

WILCO
08-13-2023, 10:49 PM
Forgot to thank you guys for the replies to my questions.

firefly1957
08-14-2023, 06:51 AM
I do know they changed the rules at one time I had a gold and two silver bullets I was inactive for a bit and came back to two silver bullets . I was told that no comment in the pits counted anymore .

Sasquatch-1
08-14-2023, 07:02 AM
How about a second line of bullets under the gold and you have to start a gray again. If needed you can add a third line.

gwpercle
08-14-2023, 12:19 PM
After Grand Master comes ... Exalted Poobah ...

I think #1 holds the title of ... Exalted Grand Poobah ...
... or it might be Grand Imperial Poobah ...
Next time he makes a post we can check :drinks:
:CastBoolitsisbest:
Gary

Rapier
08-14-2023, 12:55 PM
You Cajuns can make all this stuff simple.

Got a question for ya, on 9-3 who you going to be rooting for.......:grin: It is that time of year again.......

Minerat
08-14-2023, 10:09 PM
How about a second line of bullets under the gold and you have to start a gray again. If needed you can add a third line.

First row is 5 boolits. So to get to row 2 you need 25,001 posts and to get to a third row 50,001. Easy peasy 13 meaningful posts per day, 365 days/year for 10 years will get you there.[smilie=w:

Sasquatch-1
08-15-2023, 07:49 AM
First row is 5 boolits. So to get to row 2 you need 25,001 posts and to get to a third row 50,001. Easy peasy 13 meaningful posts per day, 365 days/year for 10 years will get you there.[smilie=w:

Sounds good to me. I only need 11,951 more meaningful post to get to row two.

gwpercle
08-15-2023, 12:07 PM
You Cajuns can make all this stuff simple.

Got a question for ya, on 9-3 who you going to be rooting for.......:grin: It is that time of year again.......

I swear , I have this Tee Shirt ... it says

I Root for LSU ... and any team that plays ... Alabama !

Go Tigers

LSU (ranked #5) - Florida State (ranked #8) ... it's going to be a good game , you can never take The Seminoles lightly ...
... or put much faith in those dumb rankings !
Gary

foesgth
08-15-2023, 07:44 PM
I think is would be obvious. The ultimate level never yet obtained....

Asperly Aimless Operator.

So far nobody have purchased or traded for enough lube grooves to get to this level.

WILCO
08-15-2023, 09:02 PM
I think is would be obvious. The ultimate level never yet obtained....

Asperly Aimless Operator.

So far nobody have purchased or traded for enough lube grooves to get to this level.

Dude!!!

That's a great title!

Maybe Asperly Aimless Sniper could be another one?

abunaitoo
08-16-2023, 11:30 PM
I never knew about this.
I have only one boolet.

bedbugbilly
08-17-2023, 07:55 AM
Assisted Living . . . . .

Larry Gibson
08-17-2023, 08:48 AM

Guess that begs the question as to what is a "meaningful" post?

MaryB
08-17-2023, 12:26 PM
Guess that begs the question as to what is a "meaningful" post?

Posts that aren't I Agree" or "That's good" or other junk posts. Must include useful information!

Larry Gibson
08-17-2023, 04:40 PM
Posts that aren't I Agree" or "That's good" or other junk posts. Must include useful information!

Thanks, nice to know that 42% of what I post here [ 8,000+ posts] is considered "junk"........:drinks:

Der Gebirgsjager
08-17-2023, 06:37 PM
Well........o.k....here's what I've been able to piece together.

There is a level above Boolit Grand Master, but no one currently holds it. The Moderator Archives show that in 2010 a member named Alfred Brewster made his 25,001st post on the forum using his cell phone. He and a friend named James Skuggs were in a busy shopping mall at the time the post was made, sitting on a concrete bench near the fountain.

James stated that a portal of some sort opened immediately in front of them, and that its presence seemed invisible to other shoppers behind the portal or to either side. A swirling white mist was visible inside the portal, and an elderly man with a flowing white beard stood therein. He beckoned to Alfred to enter, which Alfred did, and as Alfred entered his quilted ski jacket turned into a brown canvas duck shooting jacket, complete with elbow and shoulder pads. The old man wore a very similar jacket that had "Supreme Range Master" embroidered on the upper left pocket, and he greeted Alfred with a friendly handshake and hung what appeared to be a marksmanship medal of some sort, hanging on a multi-colored ribbon, around Alfred's neck. James saw a look of joy and sublimity appear on Alfred's face, and James could faintly hear the sound of rifle fire in the background. James stood up and attempted to follow, but the elderly gentleman turned to face him and held up a hand forbidding entrance. Then the portal closed.

Now, admittedly, this story may generate a certain amount of incredulity, perhaps will even be excoriated as a falsehood, but I ask you, is anyone around who has passed through the portal and come back of whom you can ask questions? In fact, haven't we all at one time or another asked ourselves, "I wonder what ever happened to old ______(fill in the blank)?" Then gone searching for the name of that individual; and if we were lucky enough to find it we discovered that he was not banned, just quit posting a number of years ago. Dropped off the Forum, and no explanation is given. Was he a member with an unusually high post count? Well, I guess that's about all there is to tell. When you hit 24,000 posts you might consider slowing down a bit, unless 25,001 is what you really want. Poor James passed away in 2011. He badly wanted to follow his friend Alfred, but his final post count before his demise was 23,941. Some have speculated that perhaps he went to the same place anyway.

DG

WILCO
08-17-2023, 10:33 PM
Well........o.k....here's what I've been able to piece together.

That was good!!!!

No_1
08-18-2023, 06:08 AM
The post count thing is highly over rated and has been adjusted over time to more accurately document participation. Once upon a time every post counted towards the “Boolit”. Removing of S&S threads (once completed) caused counts to fluctuate resulting in complaints so we stopped counting S&S. PIT posts cleaned up every month caused the same issue so they are not counted. There maybe one other section of the forum but I can’t remember right now.

Ps. Most of my 12k+ posts occur in a area reserved for STAFF discussion of daily board function so my post count pretty much represents how much work this place is to keep up. 😀

Sasquatch-1
08-18-2023, 07:18 AM
Just think...according to Der Gebirgsjager you're halfway to Nervana.

The post count thing is highly over rated and has been adjusted over time to more accurately document participation. Once upon a time every post counted towards the “Boolit”. Removing of S&S threads (once completed) caused counts to fluctuate resulting in complaints so we stopped counting S&S. PIT posts cleaned up every month caused the same issue so they are not counted. There maybe one other section of the forum but I can’t remember right now.

Ps. Most of my 12k+ posts occur in a area reserved for STAFF discussion of daily board function so my post count pretty much represents how much work this place is to keep up. 😀

jonp
08-18-2023, 07:28 AM
I agree with that

WILCO
08-18-2023, 10:15 AM

Thanks for being at the Helm No_1!

JonB_in_Glencoe
08-18-2023, 10:56 AM
I took a quick look in the "FAQ" section and didn't see anything regarding titles and boolit icons.
Can someone please give me a direction to go to?

Thank you very much.:cast_boolits:
I just seen this thread.
I'm surprised no one has mentioned it yet.
Join Team Boolits at the Patron level ($20US per year) and one of the benefits is "Custom Title"
So, if you desire something beyond Boolit Grand Master, just make up your own.
I suggest "Grand Inquisitor"

45workhorse
08-18-2023, 01:49 PM
I second the motion^^^^^^^^^

45workhorse
08-18-2023, 01:53 PM
Dude!!!

That's a great title!

Maybe Asperly Aimless Sniper could be another one?

I missed this one!

I also second this one!

gwpercle
08-20-2023, 10:40 AM

Ps. Most of my 12k+ posts occur in a area reserved for STAFF discussion of daily board function so my post count pretty much represents how much work this place is to keep up. ��

No_1 needs a better title than ... Cast Boolits Owner ...

I owned a Business for 49 years ... the boss don't get no respect ...

I'm voting for ...

... Grand Imperial Poobah ... now that's a title with some meat on the bones !
Gary :drinks:

Sasquatch-1
08-20-2023, 10:50 AM
The Supreme Boolit Master

Bigslug
08-20-2023, 01:10 PM
Maybe we can have a Greco/Roman Pantheon? One could become a designated acolyte of the following:

Ersebus (RCBS), God of Handloading

Galenacles, God of Alloy Recovery and Alloy Manipulations

Cronos, God of Uniform Velocity

Encapsulus, God of Powder Coating

Micrometes, God of Bullet Fit

Commodus, Thief of Wax Toilet Rings

Mediocretes: The Great Time Saver who offers assurances that minor wrinkles on pistol bullets are OK.

There could be hundreds of 'em!:bigsmyl2:

super6
08-20-2023, 01:27 PM
I am happy to get to plebe.

jonp
08-20-2023, 01:38 PM
How about "The One". No1 reminds me of that stupid new Star Trek.
Maybe...Mr Big (said in a very bad German accent)

For some odd reason the last few times my wife's boss has been away something has happened and she has had to terminate a driver. 4 at this point. The drivers have started calling her "The Hatchet" or "The Butcher" as in, Bobs gone and The Hatchet wants to see you? Been nice, Bro.

No_1
08-28-2023, 05:23 AM
How about "The One". No1 reminds me of that stupid new Star Trek.
Maybe...Mr Big (said in a very bad German accent)

For some odd reason the last few times my wife's boss has been away something has happened and she has had to terminate a driver. 4 at this point. The drivers have started calling her "The Hatchet" or "The Butcher" as in, Bobs gone and The Hatchet wants to see you? Been nice, Bro.

A little history about me & the origins of my screen name. In the beginning my screen name was my birth name. At some point Ken (45Nut) suggested that using my birth name as my screen name might not be a good idea considering my involvement with the forum. In a half thought response I ask if he had any suggestions since good names are hard to come up with. “No_1” was his immediate response followed by “it seems appropriate considering your Ruger single shot addiction”.

Now y’all have it!

Edit: When I read “Mr Big” the first thing that came to mind was Sarah Jessica Parker in Sex in City boyfriend. I would gladly use that title if she came with it :bigsmyl2:

GONRA
08-29-2023, 05:32 PM
GONRA sez: "Hero of Capitalist Labor".