PDA

View Full Version : how to CCW without a belt ?

bigdog454
08-04-2023, 06:11 PM
I have had a major operation on my belly. I can no longer wear a belt because of operation. A shoulder holster won't work unless you can cover it, which is possible in the summer while wearing a T shirt. anybody got any ideas?
BD

HWooldridge
08-04-2023, 06:16 PM
Cargo pants and put it in a pocket.

MUSTANG
08-04-2023, 06:41 PM
Firearm dependent.

I carry a Beretta Tomcat in .32 ACP in a holster designed for the back pocket of Levis. I also carry at time a Bersa Thunder .380 in a leather holster in the front pocket of my summer weight slacks. No belt carry necessary; weight of the beretta in pocket does lend to slight droop in pocket.

Outpost75
08-04-2023, 06:43 PM
Side clip suspenders to support weight of gun and pocket holster in full cut Duluth Trading "middle management" Chinos which have deep pockets.

My EDC is Colt Agent in Mika pocket holster. 21 ozs. Loaded.
Alternate is an S&W Model 12 Airweight with similar Mike holster.

gunther
08-04-2023, 06:51 PM
Messed up discs in lower back. Suspenders and jeans a size too big around the waist. I look like Bozo the clown, 6', weigh 175, but I'm 74 and not in a wheel chair. Same problem you have as to concealed carry. My solution is a 11 oz S&W Bodyguard 38 in the right front pocket. An elastic belly band holster might work, but I've not tried one.

txbirdman
08-04-2023, 07:46 PM
I sometimes carry my P365 inside the waist band (middle of the back) in a Remora IWB holster with untucked shirt.

oconeedan
08-04-2023, 08:29 PM
Small gun in a pocket holster. Or can you wear a loose hanging fanny pack?

Nueces
08-04-2023, 08:55 PM
I wear a desert tan BDU jacket, four pockets. Lower one on the right is my carry pocket. Can accept a Smith snubby or Çolt DS.

08-04-2023, 09:03 PM
Pocket holster works for me. Depending on the gun, you might be able to just stuff it in your pocket.

GhostHawk
08-04-2023, 09:21 PM
When I carry I carry a NAA Ranger II .22mag 5 shot revolver. It's a break top so easy reload.
I ordered a nylon holster with it and clip it on the left side of my sweat pants. No belt. Inside the wasteband, its small, light weight. any kind of a shirt or jacket over tshirt covers it perfectly. It also fits easily in trowser pocket or jacket pocket.

For summer its slightly bigger brother the "Earl" with a 4" barrel is in a kydex holster under the seat of my electric scooter I use to walk the dog.
You can only see it is there from the rear so I wired an old work glove above the holster so the fingers hang down and hide it.

Guy on the other end of our block has a pit bull and a bull terrior of some type. My little pom/chihuahua cross has already been attacked once. A year ago June,the pit bull jumped the fence., Grabbed my dog, tried to shake him, he ran around behind me, wrapping his leash up in my rear wheel tipping me over, then pulled out of his collar. Time I was on my feet the pit bull was inches away and trying to get around me and growling. I hit her in the head 3 times with my fist which she totally ignored. I decided I needed to find something that works better. Whipped off my ball cap and proceeded to give her a hurricaine of whaps from my cap. Which she did not much care for. She looked at my leg and growled but decided she did not want that cap wapping her anymore and walked away. Her boy friend the bull terrior came walking up, strutting, shoulders out. Looked at me, growled. I waved the cap. He decided he did not want it either.

Luckily no blood was shed. Pit bull grabbed mine by the ruff of the neck and I don't think got a good hold. Casey was able to break free and circle around behind me.

If she'd come after me, I'd of pulled my knife and ended her right there, but I did not want to do that if I could avoid it.

Next time she gets no second chances. I see her loose and coming at me and she is dead. Just hope it never happens.

HWooldridge
08-04-2023, 09:37 PM
Regarding aggressive dogs: I used to jog 9-10 miles a week and all of my circuits had some number of loose dogs. Most days I wasn’t bothered but they would chase me on occasion. I made a mace out of a 2” ball bearing welded onto a 3’ piece of 1/2” black pipe and carried it in one hand. Had a dobie come at me once and all it took was a light, fast tap on the head with that steel ball to make him squeal and quit the battlefield.

People in cars also started being aggressive so I started carrying my 642 Smith in a pocket of my shorts. It was pretty comfortable to carry.

imashooter2
08-04-2023, 09:42 PM
An M38 Airweight in a Mika holster disappears in my right front pocket.

http://imashooter2.com/pictures/m38.jpg

kungfustyle
08-04-2023, 09:57 PM
https://www.amazon.com/belly-band-holster/s?k=belly+band+holster
I hate amazon but this will give you some ideas. For about $20 you can get belly band holster and it works with anything from gym shorts to jeans.

pietro
08-04-2023, 10:12 PM

On my shorts/pants that have an elastic waistband (no belt), I CCW my smaller autoloaders inside the waistband using a Techna belt clip, covered by an untucked shirt.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ND4mTSDuKZw

For heavier handguns, I use a ThunderWear holster that carries the gun inside the front of my pants.( the gun is drawn via pulling the front of the pants away from the body with one hand while the trigger hand draws the gun)

https://www.thunderwearholsters.com/

Winger Ed.
08-04-2023, 10:17 PM
Ya might consider a ankle holster.

gc45
08-04-2023, 11:13 PM
My flobus holster works stupendous for carrying the Shield. Also a slip in front pocket holster for my
hammerless SW 38-SPEC. Lots of ways to carry these days without BELTS.

Misery-Whip
08-04-2023, 11:17 PM
Suspenders with a clip on IWB.

brokeasajoke
08-05-2023, 06:55 AM
I carry a NAA 22mag with speer short barrel ammo in pocket and a .380 on my ankle. (A kahr CW9 as well but it's on belt).

skeettx
08-05-2023, 07:56 AM
https://www.desantisholster.com/apache-ankle-rig/

Wag
08-05-2023, 08:10 AM
Galco belly band.

--Wag--

MrWolf
08-05-2023, 09:15 AM
Cargo pants and put it in a pocket.

This. I have several Duluth Cargo pants. My S&W EZ 380 fits nicely in the bottom right cargo pocket. I carry there for doc appointments, etc as no one can tell it is there. Suspenders may also be an option. Don't discount the 380. Good luck.
Ron

elmacgyver0
08-05-2023, 09:46 AM
Shoulder holster covered by an Israeli bodyguard jacket.

schutzen-jager
08-05-2023, 11:16 AM
small handgun in pocket holster in left buttoned shirt pocket - unless you do a lot of sitting or driving i'd shy away from ankle holsters completely -

bigdog454
08-05-2023, 12:15 PM
Thanks everyone!
I think that I will try pocket holster with suspenders, as I have to have a loose fitting pants.
BD

oconeedan
08-05-2023, 01:49 PM
When it gets warmer, overalls have lots of pockets and are easy on the belly.

Outpost75
08-05-2023, 01:51 PM
Robert Mika can produce a pocket holster to fit your standard sized, six-shot service revolver, which will drop into the deep Duluth hip pockets. I carry my K-frame S&W Model 12, two-inch round butt in one.

Bazoo
08-05-2023, 07:05 PM
IWB holster like desantis dual carry II that has a clip and suspenders is the way I'd look.

bigdog454
08-06-2023, 03:37 PM
leg holster's aren't good for driving CCW. I put a small holster, for a small revolver, under the dash attached to the steering column, secured with a strap and some velco, stays in place,and is handy. It has a security strap so the gun wont bounce out. Can not be seen from the outside unless you open the door wide.
BD

brasshog
08-06-2023, 03:49 PM
I have used Thunderwear in the past after having testicular surgery and like it for my Walther PPK.

JoeJames
08-07-2023, 08:40 AM
Suspenders with leather tabs from Dixie Gunworks $27.95, and button suspender rivets on my next larger size jeans = 32" waist.

MrWolf
08-07-2023, 09:10 AM
I have used Thunderwear in the past after having testicular surgery and like it for my Walther PPK.

I had never heard of them so looked them up. OP stated cannot have a belt (sounds like any type of restriction on belly area) due to surgery. Interesting for very loose outer garment.

Texas by God
08-14-2023, 01:51 PM
This works for very lightweight pistols- LCP in this case.
It holds in place- in emergency just pull hard and the band will break.https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20230814/d71394938007e58b0ba502b7f82da563.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Handloader109
08-14-2023, 09:12 PM
I bought a Sticky holster the other day for my small kimber. It'll fit in my front pant pocket. Lots of options, but under the seat loose is not a good one. You have to reach down and get it, it is off body, and if you happen to turn over, it ain't gonna be near you. Put it on your body.

Sent from my SM-S908U using Tapatalk

Ramjet-SS
08-18-2023, 08:16 PM
I got a holster for my Kimber revolver that has powerful magnet and can wear that holster IWB even with cotton gym shorts. I am very sure Kimber buys that from a supplier but it works really well. That’s said for now get a super light 380 or compact 9mm and a good Mika pocket holster. Or there is T-shirt with an under the arm holster pocket.

samari46
08-21-2023, 12:43 AM
I have a fobus kydex holster for my J Frame. otherwise just stick it muzzle down in my jeans pocket. Frank

Lloyd Smale
08-21-2023, 04:16 AM
i often carry one of my lcp's in an ankle holster when im wearing sweat pants. sometimes even settle for one of my tiny naa 22s in my pocket or in a little cadex holster on a chain around my neck

txbirdman
08-21-2023, 10:44 AM
When doing pocket carry I mostly use this holster I made using a milk jug and upc tape.317273

scattershot
08-21-2023, 11:17 AM
Belly band probably won’t work, since he can’t wear a belt. Pocket holster or ankle holster would probably work.

Soundguy
08-21-2023, 11:27 AM
belly band or pocket holster...

Rapier
08-21-2023, 01:09 PM
The 380 Keltec will fit nicely in a man’s front shirt pocket and no one looks for it there. Carry mine there in FL with the heat and loose clothing. A bottom helps to secure it.

Cane_man
09-05-2023, 06:07 PM
fanny pack, or shoulder sling type pack

Charlie Horse
09-05-2023, 06:36 PM
Barami Clip Grip or similar. I use it with sweats or trunks.

MrWolf
09-07-2023, 08:18 AM
fanny pack, or shoulder sling type pack

I don't like recommending any carry that involves the pistol being off body. Same as with a woman's purse. To easy to have it ripped from their possession. Just my opinion.

Gtek
09-10-2023, 09:04 PM
I carried a HK USP 45 Full Size and two 12 rd mags, 36 rounds on board and heavy piece on a belly band for a while and it carried great, just did not last long. Four to five months the Chinese elastic had had enough. Bought a couple, with the 365 and two mags you hardly know it's there.

Kentucky146
11-10-2023, 08:32 PM
I have seen .22 NAA Magnum's in many of configurations for carry from clips to neck straps if looking to down size. or shoulder holsters

Charlie Horse
11-16-2023, 10:27 AM
The 380 Keltec will fit nicely in a man’s front shirt pocket and no one looks for it there. Carry mine there in FL with the heat and loose clothing. A bottom helps to secure it.

I once did something like that and thought I was pretty slick until my wife told me to get rid of that shirt. She said it sags real bad on one side.:shock:

Eddie Southgate
11-16-2023, 02:24 PM
Hand carry ? :kidding: Try Suspenders or wear overalls and pocket carry like I do.

SSGOldfart
11-17-2023, 09:59 PM
Ya might consider a ankle holster.

Yep easy to use on either ankle,just pick the one that's best for you.I've carried mine many years now and less then $20.00 to get you set-up.

Wheelgun
11-17-2023, 10:19 PM
Something like this with suspenders might work?

charlie b
11-26-2023, 02:45 PM
Everything is done to fit the wardrobe, or the wardrobe is adjusted to fit what you want to do. I carry based on what I am wearing and what I am doing. I like shoulder holsters when driving, but, a cargo pants pocket works too as do ankle holsters (if you can bend over that far :) ). For most other things I use a 'thin' pancake holster. I've used front pocket carry with some pants (like motorcycle gear). The key is to keep the gun stable and not have it 'print'. A pocket that sags like you have a pocket full of lead weights does not do it for me.

FWIW, at one time I was also limited by what I could wear and a fanny pack was the direction I went. I had to reinforce it a bit so the gun didn't 'sag' in the pocket, but, it worked well. As mentioned you have to be extra vigilant to protect if from thieves.

Since I have a long history with skin cancer I wear long sleeve shirts and pants year round, even when visiting the kids in FL. I also agree with the desert folks that a loose long sleeve garment is cooler overall. It allows circulation of the air and keeps the direct sun off the skin. That helps me when it comes time to conceal a weapon.

PS some clothing can be made to fit a holster. The overalls mentioned could have one sewn inside where you want it. A holster can be made to attach to a pair of suspenders. 'Photographer' vests are common and can be made with holsters. The rubber band 'holster' above is an adaptation of what the OSS came up with during WWII, the 'string' holster.