PDA

View Full Version : Powder and Primers At LGS In Stock

jonp
08-04-2023, 12:36 PM
On vacation in far Northern New England and travelled to the LGS as we do every year for a ride about. They had all the powder your could want at $40-$50lb. Primers in stock, $8.90/100 with no limit. Talked to the owner for a bit and he told me that was the best price he could do. He buys direct but prices skyrocketed. He tried putting a limit on the amount bought the last couple years but people showed up with every family member they could find and he just gave up and said no limit, when gone it's gone.

Bought out a bunch of Stoeger shotguns from someone and his backroom guy told him they were going for $800-900 on GunBroker. Told him to price them at $500 as he wasn't going to do that to people.

He did tell me to come back Wed or so as he bought out a reloading store when the owner passed and was going south to get it Monday. Would give me a good price on anything I wanted as he didn't get to talk to a serious reloader much anymore and would probably GunBroker most of it. Promised to hold up all the old manuals, open powder and lead for me if there was any to give me first crack.

When I decided to try reloading that was the store I went to and got dies, powder, Primers etc to get started. Still have the Lymans 47 and some of the Blue Dot over 30yrs later.

Sitting on the deck of my hunting camp under a tarp cause it's raining cranking out a few 38sp for my Target Masterpiece with nothing to hear but the rain, Loons on the pond and Chickadees.

huntinlever
08-04-2023, 12:54 PM
Same prices, but I've been getting a ton of notices from Shootingbot that LR primers are back in stock. Only new powders popping up, and I am not looking for them anymore, are I 4895 and Vihtavouri 160. Doesn't mean much on the powders since the only ones I need are more or less in regular supply now.

Bmi48219
08-04-2023, 03:20 PM
Capital Cartridge has MURMOM (Russian) primers. Works out to 6.5 cents each in 5000 primer boxes. Free hazmat too. I’ve seen good and bad reviews on the.

Martin Luber
08-04-2023, 03:43 PM
Jon, since you're in my old stomping grounds , what shop please?

jonp
08-04-2023, 03:48 PM
Jon, since you're in my old stomping grounds , what shop please?

Oh, no you don't. All that reloading stuff is mine, lol

Errol, NH

curdog
08-04-2023, 04:59 PM
Local gunshop has shooters world powders for 25 a lb. Match Rifle works good in 308 and 223. Small pistol primers 65.00 out the door....................Its getting better..................Curdog

G W Wade
08-04-2023, 05:21 PM
Up here in the Dakotas our Scheels stores have been steadily filling their shelves. Powder and primers that have been absent for years. Powder is all new price. Did buy WW LPP for $69.99/ 1000 Best price I have seen There is hope for supply but forget old prices. GW

MUSTANG
08-04-2023, 05:36 PM
I was able to buy 1000 CCI #200 Large Rifle Primers at the Kalispell Murdochs yesterday. That was the first Large Rifle Primers I have been able to buy in 3 years. They went for 9 cents a piece ($89.99 per 1000).

marshall623
08-06-2023, 02:25 PM
I picked up 2 bricks of WLR primers Thrusday, it was 169 total out the door on those in Richmond Va. This was at Greentop they had a sign that read 5 brick per family limit . They had about every Accurate powder in stock , IMR was spotty and no Unique or 2400 . I sure do regret not picking up bricks of primers when prices were good and was plenty of them .

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

Texas by God
08-06-2023, 03:10 PM
Ginex are the only LR primers within fifty miles of me and they are $12.90 per 100.
I’m hoping that Remington starts selling primers again someday.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk