PDA

View Full Version : Another tooth to be pulled

Wayne Smith
07-28-2023, 09:51 AM
Post abscess of a crown on a post that all needs to be cleaned up, bone transplanted in, and closed up for healing. This is not new to me - but my surgeon died of Covid - all agree that he worked himself to death because he was morbidly obese and did not take care of himself.

Anyway, seeing a new oral surgeon today at noon to have this process begun. It will end with another implant (my seventh) in the next six or seven months. Gotta let the bone completely heal before he goes drilling into it.

I did meet with this guy and did like him. He knew my previous oral surgeon well, so that is a recommendation. He is almost my age, so that is another. If you read this keep Dr. Z in your prayers around noon today.

Thundarstick
07-28-2023, 10:28 AM
Amen! Prayers for a steady hand and no compilations.

sparky45
07-28-2023, 10:48 AM
Smooth sailing Wayne, God's got your back.

FergusonTO35
07-28-2023, 12:32 PM
Praying for you friend!

USMC87
07-29-2023, 08:11 AM
I am holding you as well as the Dr up in prayer.

Wayne Smith
07-29-2023, 08:12 AM
Thanks, guys. It's going well so far. I have a blank where the tooth was, bone implanted into the socket. In two weeks I'll go back and have the stitches pulled. Then schedule the implant in about five months. And pay for it - my insurance covers the surgery 80% and only 5% of the implant. Can't figure that one out, and neither could the financial office of the oral surgeon. But that's the way they wrote the policy. Since they are both surgeries I would expect similar coverage. Oh well.

dverna
07-29-2023, 09:39 AM
Praying for you Wayne.

WRideout
07-29-2023, 11:31 AM
Heavenly Father, bless and heal Wayne and give him your peace.

Wayne

Hickok
07-29-2023, 11:37 AM
Amen!

buckwheatpaul
07-29-2023, 11:44 AM
Post abscess of a crown on a post that all needs to be cleaned up, bone transplanted in, and closed up for healing. This is not new to me - but my surgeon died of Covid - all agree that he worked himself to death because he was morbidly obese and did not take care of himself.

Anyway, seeing a new oral surgeon today at noon to have this process begun. It will end with another implant (my seventh) in the next six or seven months. Gotta let the bone completely heal before he goes drilling into it.

I did meet with this guy and did like him. He knew my previous oral surgeon well, so that is a recommendation. He is almost my age, so that is another. If you read this keep Dr. Z in your prayers around noon today.

Wayne, God is listening to all of your concerns and our prayers.....you will be fine! Father, Please be with Dr. Z and Wayne as he undergoes the implant process. Please guide Dr. Z's hand and make it steady. Please give freedom from pain and healing for Wayne. Father, thank You for what you are doing for Dr. Z., Wayne and all of your children. AMEN

pworley1
07-29-2023, 01:07 PM
I just saw this today, I hope all went well yesterday.

WILCO
07-29-2023, 01:17 PM
I just saw this today, I hope all went well yesterday.

Same here. Prayers up!

augercreek
07-31-2023, 06:13 AM
Oh Lord, bring peace and healing to Wayne and keep his angst at bay.