PDA

View Full Version : Jarvis Barrel in HK USP 45

mtgrs737
02-11-2009, 12:32 PM
A friend has a HK USP 45 with the Polygonal rifled barrel that he would like to shoot cast boolits in. I suggested that he look into the Jarvis conventionaly rifled aftermarket barrel for it. Has anyone here made that switch? Was the accuracy on par with the factory barrel? Did you have Jarvis fit the barrel to the slide or just buy the drop in? Any information is appreciated.

exile
03-01-2009, 10:45 AM
I have a Jarvis drop in barrel for my Glock 17. I confess I have not shot it as much as my Storm Lake barrel for my Glock 26. The chamber on the Jarvis barrel seems very tight, but has given no malfunctions. The workmanship on the Jarvis barrel is something to behold. To me it has been worth it since I will probably never buy another jacketed bullet in 9mm if I can help it. I think your friend would be very happy with any product Jarvis makes. The Storm Lake barrel is about half the price of the Jarvis, and to me the workmanship is much better than the Lone Wolf barrels, at least from what I have heard. I don't believe Storm Lake makes a barrel for the H & K but if it were me, I would certainly investigate the option, especially if corrosion resistance is an issue. (The Storm Lake barrels are stainless, Jarvis are not.) Not to disparage Jarvis in any way, but I think that in the area of after-market barrels for semi-automatic pistols, Storm Lake is about the best value out there. I would like to have one in .40 caliber for my glock 32.

exile