PDA

View Full Version : Lee Turret press question

wildbill
02-11-2009, 10:26 AM
I've ordered a Lee classic turret press and I don't use the factory crimp on most of my calibers, can I use a three hole turret on that press? If so, would that be the way to go when I don't use the foctory crimp?

IcerUSA
02-11-2009, 10:59 AM
3 holer won't work in the 4 hole turret press .

You can take out the auto advance rod and move the turret by hand if you want , I do it both ways .

Some people will use an extra roll crimp die in the last hole and back out the seater die n the 3rd hole to use for just seating the boolit and roll crimp in the last one , no shaved lead .

I sprung for the FCD's for most of the calibers I load for , just need to get a couple more but they are not high prioritty right now so I just keep plugging away . LOL

Another idea I have considered was putting a Lee flaring die in one to flare after sizing .

Just ideas I've had .

Keith

docone31
02-11-2009, 11:08 AM
I only use three holes in my four holer. I just pull the handle one more time. Works pretty well. A note, you have to have the primer tool in the ram to make the primers fall in one place.

wildbill
02-11-2009, 12:09 PM
Thanks for the info!
Bill

454PB
02-11-2009, 02:59 PM
Me too. I exchanged the "head" on my older three hole Lee Turret for the four hole version on my Classic Turret. I already had a dozen of the three hole turrets set up with dies, and I never use more than 3 dies or the auto advance function.