PDA

View Full Version : Dillon tubes in RCBS bench primer?

imashooter2
07-13-2023, 03:50 AM
My arthritis is getting worse and the fingers really start to ache using my beloved old Lee round tray priming tools. Looking at the RCBS Automatic Priming Tool to limit the abuse. Does anyone know if the old style Dillon tubes (the ones without the blue plastic reducer on the hairpin end) will work in the RCBS machine? Probably not a deal killer if they won’t, but it would be nice to catch a break…

kungfustyle
07-13-2023, 08:21 AM
Yes, did it yesterday. Dillon tubes work in an RCBS Automatic Priming Tool!

Walter Laich
07-13-2023, 12:51 PM
Yes, did it yesterday. Dillon tubes work in an RCBS Automatic Priming Tool!

learn something new every day

thanks for info

imashooter2
07-13-2023, 01:07 PM
Thank you! I have half a dozen each of the old style Dillon tubes. It’s nice to catch a break once in awhile. :drinks:

Binky
07-13-2023, 03:12 PM
So will Lyman tubes, the brass ones with the aluminum ends. I like them better than the RCBS tubes.

Jtarm
07-14-2023, 02:29 PM
Even if they didn’t, I’d find a way to fill the RCBS tubes from them.

Dillon has by far the best pickup tubes I’ve tried.

imashooter2
07-17-2023, 02:46 PM
Found a lightly used example on the big auction site for significant savings over new. It’s on the way. I hope I like it.

BBMF1
07-18-2023, 06:06 AM
G'day from Downunder [smilie=s:

as a life time sufferer of rheumatoid arthritis I bought a RCBS bench priming tool to use for the same reason , I have modified mine to make it more user friendly by shortening the length of the handle and fitting a pool ball to the end it is a green and white of course if you want less pain I recommend this modification to you.

Regards Paul .:smile:

ioon44
07-18-2023, 07:41 AM
I have been using Dillon primer tubes in my RCBS bench priming tool for the last 35 years, works great.

imashooter2
07-18-2023, 04:08 PM
G'day from Downunder [smilie=s:

as a life time sufferer of rheumatoid arthritis I bought a RCBS bench priming tool to use for the same reason , I have modified mine to make it more user friendly by shortening the length of the handle and fitting a pool ball to the end it is a green and white of course if you want less pain I recommend this modification to you.

Regards Paul .:smile:

Thank you Paul. I will consider it. I still have a pool ball sized wooden ball from when I upgraded the bicycle grip on my old Rockchucker.

imashooter2
07-19-2023, 05:29 PM
The tool came today and was missing the large primer pickup. I’ve contacted the seller to see if they have it laying around somewhere, but it won’t be a deal killer since I have a number of Dillon tubes (which I now know will fit). Tool is otherwise perfect and I can tell just from puttering around on the kitchen table I’m going to like it.

Walter Laich
07-19-2023, 07:03 PM
on making it easier to use: I put a length of tubing over the handle making it about twice as long--much easier to operate

imashooter2
07-20-2023, 12:11 AM
Set a few primers this afternoon. I don’t think I’ll be modifying it at all. Plenty of leverage, good feel, interface is the palm of my hand and not my fingers… it’s everything I hoped.