PDA

View Full Version : springfield sporters

Frank46
02-11-2009, 12:02 AM
Ain't CRS a great thing??. Don't remember if I posted about having problems contacting them recently, but finally managed to speak with them to order some enfield parts. I asked why the phone is always busy. Was told that they have been extremely busy handling orders. Guess everyone who's in need of parts wants them before any legislation is enacted. So if anyone is wondering why the busy signal now you know why. Frank

bruce drake
02-11-2009, 08:39 PM
I haven't bought from them since they stopped doing gun sales in the 90s. Before that I did enjoy buying both guns and parts from them.

Bruce

twotrees
02-11-2009, 10:50 PM
The owner, Bill Rogers died. He was the Man on going to weird places and dealing with even weirder people to bring back the surplus guns that many company's sold.

I really miss him, he was a good friend.

The Son and wife run it now and I think they never renewed Bill's Importer License.

Bill had so much stuff in those pole building warehouses, they are probably still selling off that stock.

He told me once, that "Somewhere" on the place was a hole with about 200 German sniper scopes in it. He took them off when he couldn't get deer hunters to buy them "danged scope thingies", on the surplus Mausers.

bruce drake
02-12-2009, 03:21 PM
Twotrees,

I loved thier catalog. It got me interested in C&R licenses and collecting the old guns in general. Why didn't they just get an 01 FFL and continue to sell the firearms they had on hand? I can understand not wanting the 07 Importer's Licence but it was a crying shame to hear they sold their stock to the othher wholesalers. SS was always great to talk to over the phone. they would pull the rifle in question and describe it to you over the phone and when it came in the mail it was exactly as described.

Bruce