PDA

View Full Version : Tweezers I longed for...

georgerkahn
07-12-2023, 07:49 AM
I recently came across a set of tweezers I view as a "blessing" -- 'specially in handling .25acp and other small cases while reloading! Made of stainless steel, and quite substantial, the source I bought them from is an outfit called "MicroMark" -- https://www.micromark.com/Pipe-and-Tube-Tweezers-Set-of-4 -- and, albeit they are now on sale, sell for $15.99 USD. To me, these versus cut/smashed fingers ;) they are a bargain. 315895315896
I reckoned I'd post this, reckoning other caster/loaders might be relieved to see this product! (Perhaps a great case-holder for annealing, too?)
geo

RickinTN
07-12-2023, 09:36 AM
Now those are pretty neat.
Thanks,
Rick

Minerat
07-12-2023, 10:20 AM
Those would be great for standing up PC'd boolits.

Thanks George!

TNsailorman
07-12-2023, 10:57 AM
I made myself a "tweezer" out of a metal clothes hanger when I was into PC ing handgun bullets. It worked great but I don't know what became of it. Those tweezer that George shows looks like a great idea for all around reloading. I just may have to consider a set. james

gwpercle
07-12-2023, 11:26 AM
And ... amazingly ... the cost is Reasonable ... on Sale $15.99 !

Even I could afford a set !

Don't let the maker get wind that they would be a great asset to reloaders and boolit powder coaters ... He would market them as "Reloading and Casting Forceps " , jack the price up
and sell them for $75.00 as reloading tools ... they'll do it every time !
Gary

shooter bob
07-12-2023, 12:26 PM
I liked the idea of these tweezers but $10.95 shipping killed the deal for me . If you have amazon prime they have them for $22 .if you have the free shipping they are cheaper. Bob

mdi
07-12-2023, 12:26 PM
Hmmm. Looks like a good solution to old, fat, ex-mechanic's, fingers with a bit of neuropathy (having a bit of trouble lately with some 32 ACP and 380 ACP brass). Good find! Thanks...

georgerkahn
07-12-2023, 01:11 PM
I liked the idea of these tweezers but $10.95 shipping killed the deal for me . If you have amazon prime they have them for $22 .if you have the free shipping they are cheaper. Bob

GREAT point re shipping charges! Bion, I had a list of "wanna's" -- including some silver solder, a hand held clamp, a couple of C-clamps on super-super sale (like ~$2.00 each), and some glue -- so the total shipping came to much less than the Petrol I'd have used to get to a store which might purvey some of the items... Another good point by shooter bob vis Amazon Prime. Sadly (sadly?) the way I now am starting to look at things is as, "it's only money" -- and when I consider what is taken from my meager income for taxes, taxes, and more taxes -- plus a few fees here and there -- to heck with "them" -- if I want it and have the cash to cover it -- that's all that counts :) :) :).
geo

WRideout
07-12-2023, 01:20 PM
GREAT point re shipping charges! Bion, I had a list of "wanna's" -- including some silver solder, a hand held clamp, a couple of C-clamps on super-super sale (like ~$2.00 each), and some glue -- so the total shipping came to much less than the Petrol I'd have used to get to a store which might purvey some of the items... Another good point by shooter bob vis Amazon Prime. Sadly (sadly?) the way I now am starting to look at things is as, "it's only money" -- and when I consider what is taken from my meager income for taxes, taxes, and more taxes -- plus a few fees here and there -- to heck with "them" -- if I want it and have the cash to cover it -- that's all that counts :) :) :).
geo

My Chief Financial Officer (the one that sleeps next to me) forbids such a cavalier attitude toward money.
Wayne

shooter bob
07-12-2023, 01:32 PM
George Kahn why did you bring up taxes . I just got over looking at my pay stubs from last pay period with lots of overtime. And just got my blood pressure under control. It as thy say what can you do. Have a good one all Bob

georgerkahn
07-12-2023, 05:58 PM
My Chief Financial Officer (the one that sleeps next to me) forbids such a cavalier attitude toward money.
Wayne

WRideout -- I used to feel similarly as, perhaps, your CFO ;) -- but, now aged 75, I have spent tooooo much time with friends, discussing their last days before they -- mostly terminal cancer -- die. Too often brought up was their frugality in life to afford $savings$ in the bank, retirement account, and/or portfolios of stocks and bonds. I have heard, "Why didn't I buy "x"" too many times. NOTHING cavalier -- I do wish to go to Heaven but I am in absolutely not in any hurry to get there. Hey -- in 2018 -- one 1945 vintage bottle of wine -- 1945 Romanée-Conti -- was sold at auction for $558,000.00 USD. A lot of bucks for one bottle of Burgundy red wine, eh?
I never considered myself even being close to "wealthy" -- but for fifteen to twenty bucks for something I'll use??? :)
geo

WRideout
07-13-2023, 10:07 AM
WRideout -- I used to feel similarly as, perhaps, your CFO ;) -- but, now aged 75, I have spent tooooo much time with friends, discussing their last days before they -- mostly terminal cancer -- die. Too often brought up was their frugality in life to afford $savings$ in the bank, retirement account, and/or portfolios of stocks and bonds. I have heard, "Why didn't I buy "x"" too many times. NOTHING cavalier -- I do wish to go to Heaven but I am in absolutely not in any hurry to get there. Hey -- in 2018 -- one 1945 vintage bottle of wine -- 1945 Romanée-Conti -- was sold at auction for $558,000.00 USD. A lot of bucks for one bottle of Burgundy red wine, eh?
I never considered myself even being close to "wealthy" -- but for fifteen to twenty bucks for something I'll use??? :)
geo

Sometimes I save up my married man's five dollars until I have twenty.
Wayne

littlejack
07-13-2023, 11:36 AM
geo
Just came off Amazon Prime ordering those tweezers. As Minerat said, they will be great for standing up powder coated boolits. I use regular tweezers, but a lot of times the boolit will rotate a little just before they are set down on the base. Good job, thanks for sharing, keep'm coming.
littlejack

jsizemore
07-13-2023, 09:42 PM
I used a hemostat to hold a connector for a golf car charger. After I got it hot enough to melt solder and and get the end of the cable hot enough to bond, the hemostats took a weird shape from too much heat on too small a piece of stainless steel. It never did come fully back together but the spacing was perfect to compress the internal c-clip on a honda atv brake master cylinder. Saved lots of money on a specialty c-clip tool.

John Wayne
10-27-2023, 10:07 AM
Great tip George! They're out of stock right now.
Thank you,
JW

Outer Rondacker
10-27-2023, 10:40 AM
Those look great. I made myself a pair years ago for loading 223/556 and they also worked great on 22 TCM. My fat fingers have thanked me ever since.