PDA

View Full Version : Best Pig hunting area in Florida

warren5421
07-09-2023, 12:17 PM
Looking at moving to Florida for relief for my Arthritis. I would like to buy a few acres to hunt pigs to entice my grandkids to visit. Where would be the best area in Florida to do this, most pigs per acer?

SSGOldfart
07-10-2023, 10:27 AM
I can't answer your question but I'll tell you between Jacksonville FL and the Georgia State line we counted over a hundred hogs most were on the south bound side of I95. just after day light while traveling back to Texas

gwpercle
07-11-2023, 11:36 AM
Plant corn and sweet potatoes anywhere ... they'll find you !

Gary

Leslie Sapp
07-12-2023, 05:46 PM
We have quite few around here in some areas. Here's a link to a piece of property I showed to a guy a couple of weeks back, but it was too far back in the woods for him. It's got a bunch of hogs and deer in the pictures on the ad. https://www.realtor.com/realestateandhomes-detail/NW-140-Ave_Chiefland_FL_32626_M99260-25491?from=srp-list-card

Rapier
07-12-2023, 09:01 PM
I was going to say Perry, but Chiefland will do OK, Swanee river swamps will do just fine. Looks to me lke your garden growing would be interesting.

Castaway
07-13-2023, 05:19 PM
I don’t know any place in Fl without a hog problem. The news just had a short clip that in Manatee county there’s and active county trapping program. At the Florida National Veterans cemetery in Bushnell (Hernando county), they have depredation hunts to minimize the damage they cause. A sow can have two litters a year down here with six or more piglets per litter. Other than gators and people, there’s not much damage to the population done. Since they’re not native, they are considered the property of the landowner on whose property they are passing through. No license, no size, no bag limit. State management areas are regulated

jsizemore
07-14-2023, 06:57 PM
Where the Suwannee River empties into the Gulf is Hog Island. Head south to the Waccasassa River. There's been a hog problem between the two since the 1500's.

dannyd
07-14-2023, 08:06 PM
Before you buy anything, check the Home Owners Insurance because we are on the struggle bus with that.