PDA

View Full Version : For Thought and Meditation - Saturday, July 08

Pine Baron
07-08-2023, 06:57 AM
Good morning all. We've seen this Scripture before, it bears repeating. Have safe and blessed day.

The Steps to Healing
Hagee Ministries

…if My people who are called by My name will humble themselves, and pray and seek My face, and turn from their wicked ways, then I will hear from heaven, and will forgive their sin and heal their land.
2 Chronicles 7:14

The evidence mounts with each story in the daily news. Our nation is struggling. When Israel found themselves in a similar situation, God gave some simple instructions in today’s verse.

We must humble ourselves. We must recognize that no political policy, no radical reform, no capital campaign will solve our problems. Apart from Jesus, we have no solutions (I am the vine; you are the branches. If you remain in me and I in you, you will bear much fruit; apart from me you can do nothing. - John 15:5).

We must pray. Before we can stand, we must kneel. We can boldly approach the throne of grace to submit our requests to a loving God Who alone has the power to redeem and restore.

We must seek His face. When we sit in His presence, look into His eyes, and listen for His voice, we hear from Him. We find that He alone is more than enough to provide all that we need.

When we spend time with Him, we are compelled to turn from our wicked ways. It is His kindness that leads us to repentance (Or do you think lightly of the riches of His kindness and restraint and patience, not knowing that the kindness of God leads you to repentance? - Romans 2:4). He knows that repentance brings wholeness and the peace for which we long.

Four simple steps for profound change. The prayers of the righteous have tremendous power to impact America.

Blessing:

Heavenly Father, stir up every person who is called by Your name to follow these four simple steps. I humble myself before You and commit to pray, to seek Your face, and to turn from my wicked ways so that You will forgive us and heal our land. In the name of Jesus… Amen.

ioon44
07-08-2023, 07:39 AM
Amen, great message.

GhostHawk
07-08-2023, 10:09 PM
Amen! It starts with us on our knee's repenting.