PDA

View Full Version : Cimarron P Model (Uberti) base pin screw

Kyle M.
07-07-2023, 10:44 PM
In late May I picked up a used unfired Cimarron P model made by Uberti with the old "blackpowder frame" it came with the big ugly knurled screw to hold the base pin in. As I understand new these ship with both the knurled screw and the correct flush screw. I have been trying to get ahold of Cimarron for almost a month with no luck. I was wondering does anyone know of an online dealer that stocks these screws? I could not find them on VTI gun parts, just the knurled version. Or might someone have some extras who would sell me one? Thanks in advance for any info.

HWooldridge
07-07-2023, 11:13 PM
You might be able to grind away the knurled head and cut a screw slot in the remaining threaded portion.

Kyle M.
07-08-2023, 01:30 AM
Looks like I lucked out. Someone over on the SASS forum had an extra to send me.

Kyle M.
07-08-2023, 01:31 AM
You might be able to grind away the knurled head and cut a screw slot in the remaining threaded portion.

My luck I'd butcher it. If I still had access to a lathe I'd just make a few of them.

Thumbcocker
07-08-2023, 09:05 AM
Is it possible to convert a black powder framed Uberti to smokeless? I prefer the push button cylinder pin retention system. Looks like maybe just drilling a hole and putting in the oarts.

Der Gebirgsjager
07-08-2023, 10:56 AM
About converting the cylinder pin locking system-- I'm sure it's possible, but impractical. I once owned a 1st generation Colt SSA that someone had brazed in the black powder frame screw hole and then drilled a cross hole through the frame for a pin. It was unsightly, and you had to drive out the pin to remove the cylinder. Uggggh!

DG

DougGuy
07-14-2023, 10:19 AM
Is it possible to convert a black powder framed Uberti to smokeless? I prefer the push button cylinder pin retention system. Looks like maybe just drilling a hole and putting in the oarts.

There is a whole lot more to it than just drilling a hole. It is a precision bored relief on both sides and the hole in the center of those reliefs is smaller to give the spring a place to perch.

Green Frog
07-14-2023, 11:23 AM
I’m in VA, so for all things Uberti I go to Taylor & Co in Winchester, VA. They handle virtually all things Uberti and offer good parts support. They do have a website and sell parts online if you don’t live close by. BTW, where is/are “The firelands”? Cute, but not very informative to the uninitiated.
Froggie