PDA

View Full Version : will a 17 HNR barrel fit on a NEF 22 lr frame?

rintinglen
07-02-2023, 10:59 AM
I have a hankering to dip an oar into the 17 HMR waters but don't really want to spend the money to buy another gun. However, I saw a barrel for sale a while back, and it set my mind a whirring. Anybody else have sucess in this endeavor?

nhithaca
07-03-2023, 03:15 PM
I have one of the 22 Mag Ultra guns and a 17HRM barrel I bought on e-bay did fit along with a 17 Mach 2 barrel also. Be aware that H&R's are not like Contenders and may require a little fitting to make the gun lock up.
And, the 17 HRM barrel will also fit on a center fire frame. Bought another 17 caliber barrel to mate to one of mine to make a 17 Ackley Bee!!! Just a re-chambering required.

uscra112
07-04-2023, 12:30 AM
Don't take out a mortgage to get into a .17 HMR. My own experiment was very short-lived because they are awfully loud for such a tiny cartridge. Had the rifle on loan. It went back after just one box of ammo. You may have the same reaction.

303Guy
07-08-2023, 12:37 AM
Don't take out a mortgage to get into a .17 HMR. My own experiment was very short-lived because they are awfully loud for such a tiny cartridge. Had the rifle on loan. It went back after just one box of ammo. You may have the same reaction.
It's a pity you folks have this issue with suppressors. It would take so little to suppress an HMR or a Mach 2.

07-08-2023, 08:25 AM
You are right, 303Guy. Just another silly (harmful) restriction generally supported by Boobous Americonous (generally undereducated and under-experienced folks)