PDA

View Full Version : For Thought and Meditation - Sunday, July 02

Pine Baron
07-02-2023, 07:51 AM
Good morning all. Here's a powerful message, mini bible study, and great blessing. Have a safe and blessed day.

Drive it Out
Hagee Ministries

…knowing this, that our old man was crucified with Him, that the body of sin might be done away with, that we should no longer be slaves of sin. For he who has died has been freed from sin. - Romans 6:6-7

When God brought the children of Israel to the brink of the Promised Land, He gave those warriors one order: “…drive out all the inhabitants of the land from before you…” (Numbers 33:52).

Not only did the Israelites fail to follow this one directive, they also married the foreigners, adopted their customs, and even began to worship their idols. For hundreds of years, Israel was caught in this trap.

We can find ourselves ensnared in a similar trap. As beloved children of God, purchased with the blood of His Son, we are commanded to put away the sins of our past, to drive them out. The apostle Paul tells us that, as Christ followers, we are “dead indeed to sin, but alive to God in Christ Jesus our Lord” (Romans 6:11). And if we are dead to sin, how can we continue to live in it any longer (see Romans 6:2)?

We must never allow sin to move in and blind us to the truths of God. We are called to live for righteousness (see I Peter 2:24). Paul commands us to put away lying, stealing, corrupt words, bitterness, wrath, anger, quarreling, and malice (see Ephesians 4:25-31). These things have no place in our lives.

James tells us "If anyone, then, knows the good they ought to do and doesn’t do it, it is sin for them." (James 4:17). He encourages believers to submit to God. If we resist the devil, he will flee. When we draw near to God, He will draw near to us. We must cleanse our hands and purify our hearts. We must humble ourselves, and He will lift us up (see James 4:7-10).

Refuse to be entangled by sin. In every place that sin creeps in, our relationship with Jesus is diminished. We must do what the Israelites failed to do. Seek His face and His heart. Jesus gave Himself to redeem us from sin, from every wicked, lawless deed. He is purifying a people to be His own special possession, who are zealous for good works (see Titus 2:14). Rise up, warriors, to drive it out!

Blessing:

Heavenly Father, I humble myself to Your purifying work in my life. Help me to draw near to You so that You will shine a light on every sin. In the power of the Holy Spirit, help me to put away every wicked motive, attitude, and deed to be more like the One Who died to cleanse me from all sin. In the name of Jesus… Amen.

USMC87
07-02-2023, 09:21 AM
Amen, a great powerful message today!