PDA

View Full Version : What did you get done today?

jonp
07-01-2023, 03:49 PM
Finally got a Saturday off so threw a load in the washer and headed out. Went to Lowes for some stuff, stopped for groceries then dump and home. Mowed the lawn, picked beans for canning then hung out the clothes. Washed and waxed the CRV and the Mighty 97 CRV. Ate lunch then got the pressure cooker up and running. Got the ladder out and trimmed the dead tree branches. Switched jars in the canner and got the weed wacker out. Finished canning the 8 pints of green beans and 3 pints of pickles, those electric canners are the thing, and finally sat down for an adult beverage while i cold smoke a couple steaks for supper to go with the on sale crab legs.

Get up and get going, folks!

Winger Ed.
07-01-2023, 04:13 PM
Sounds like you've worked up enough energy for a well deserved nap.

reloader X
07-01-2023, 04:33 PM
https://i.imgur.com/umEndAh.jpg

JoeG52
07-01-2023, 04:39 PM
I got behind on doing nothing, so I got caught up on that today.

10x
07-01-2023, 05:21 PM
Finally got a Saturday off so threw a load in the washer and headed out. Went to Lowes for some stuff, stopped for groceries then dump and home. Mowed the lawn, picked beans for canning then hung out the clothes. Washed and waxed the CRV and the Mighty 97 CRV. Ate lunch then got the pressure cooker up and running. Got the ladder out and trimmed the dead tree branches. Switched jars in the canner and got the weed wacker out. Finished canning the 8 pints of green beans and 3 pints of pickles, those electric canners are the thing, and finally sat down for an adult beverage while i cold smoke a couple steaks for supper to go with the on sale crab legs.

Get up and get going, folks!

Read that. Now too tired to do anything here

Txcowboy52
07-01-2023, 05:27 PM
Sounds like you done enough for all of us !

Finster101
07-01-2023, 06:53 PM
Let's see, went to a handgun challenge match this morning, sold and ATV I just finished redoing and put a 4 inch lift kit on my golf cart. 94 outside with a heat index of 105. I'm done for the day. Having a Sam Adams and contemplating a trip to Outback since the wife has a gift certificate. Things could be worse.

Finster101
07-01-2023, 06:55 PM
https://i.imgur.com/umEndAh.jpg

I admit I do not know who this gentleman is, but it seems a very pessimistic outlook.

country gent
07-01-2023, 07:07 PM
Sounds like you havent wasted any daylight

Gewehr-Guy
07-01-2023, 09:01 PM
I haven't done a thing, but visiting with my kids and grand children while on a small vacation, while celebrating my Mother in Law's 99'th birthday.

Also just recieved word that a good neighbor passed away unexpectedly, in his late 60's. So if you need to be doing some things, get at it. Or if you want to put a job off, and do something fun for a while, thats OK too. You never know how long we have......

MrWolf
07-01-2023, 09:38 PM
Wanted to get some more work done on the chicken area but we still have that wildfire haze. Between that and the rain this afternoon I got a migraine. Oh well. Actually on the floor right now and staying here all night to help straighten out my back.

Idaho45guy
07-01-2023, 10:52 PM
Read that. Now too tired to do anything here

Ha! I felt the same!

I've got a bulged disc and it hurts to move, but still got up, drove to the woods, did a video review of my new truck, went on a short hike, got home and started a load of laundry, made several trips up and down my stairs putting away archery gear, changed the sheets on my bed, installed a CB in the truck, vacuumed half the house, and am now sitting down and having an adult beverage.

facetious
07-01-2023, 11:29 PM
Found the floor drain in the basement backing up last night so had to do a quickie job to clear it so it would drain. So I get up eat and a cup of coffee take the wife to the DR. for a blood test, come home and started on the basement get it all working. Look under the kitchen sink for the bleach and find a puddle of water. One of the fittings had cracked and was letting water leak. Off to the hardware store to get a new part . Get part and all the other parts cleaned up and put back together . Eat lunch and ran a couple of loads in the washer to see if the drain was OK . Then I filled the utility sink with some bleach and water and mopped every thing up . Walked the dogs fixed some dinner had myself a plant based malt beverage .

Some days I think I work harder than I did when I was working.

sigep1764
07-02-2023, 03:24 AM
Woke up, cooked eggs and drank coffee. Took out trash and finished up laundry. Worked 8 hours, came home to my new exhaust, servo buddy, and tail tidy for the motycycle. Installed while havin a few beers. Now watching Joe Pickett.

Lloyd Smale
07-02-2023, 04:03 AM
changed the tranny fluid and differentials oil on the new old tuck then made a big batch of salsberry steak that should cover three dinners. then grilled a rib eyes. today its shocks

jonp
07-02-2023, 06:35 AM
Ha! I felt the same!

I've got a bulged disc and it hurts to move, but still got up, drove to the woods, did a video review of my new truck, went on a short hike, got home and started a load of laundry, made several trips up and down my stairs putting away archery gear, changed the sheets on my bed, installed a CB in the truck, vacuumed half the house, and am now sitting down and having an adult beverage.

Where can we find that video review of the new Tundra?

MaryB
07-02-2023, 12:47 PM
Watered garden, picked a salad from the garden, made supper, vegged out... been fighting my sinuses due to all the forest fire smoke. No sleep at night so nap half the day... lay down my head drains to the back of my throat plugging it up... so slept the most in my office chair that reclines a bit.

Idaho45guy
07-02-2023, 07:51 PM
Where can we find that video review of the new Tundra?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SUsGrUSOH9s&t=1s

10x
07-03-2023, 07:58 AM

After 13 years of driving a Tundra.
1) service the tumbler mechanism in the tail gate latch lock every year. That means take it out, clean it, lubricate with Kroil®
2) I would not put a lift kit on a Tundra. They are a 4x4 but too nice to go off road.
3) If you are going off road 2" is the max lift I would install. I have taken mine off road from time to time and have destroyed the front skid plate twice on rather benign surfaces.
4) if you go off road, turn off traction control - it is useless off road. also turn off the tilt sensors.
5) At 72 I appreciate the running board steps to get into the truck. Two knee replacements and those steps are appreciated

6) it is a great vehicle for towing a trailer, the trailer hitch will drag off road, make sure all wiring and connections are through the bumper and not tagged on underneath.
M
7) That great big rear seat that you don't like? One day you may have to ride back there.

After 50 years of driving Toyota's as one of our family vehicles I would never buy another brand.
Mine has been back to the dealer once for a new parking sensor.
Unscheduled repairs over 13 years. rear springs, broken twice, A/C compressor failed at 175,000 km
Steering wheel spiral cable (connecting steering wheel controls to dash) failed.
Front ball joints and swing arm bushings at 290,000 km
Tail gate latch broke at 295,000 km.

The best mileage i could get is about 15 miles per US gallon. That is at 65 mph,
If I slow down to 90 kmh (about 52 mph) (6th gear at 2200 rpm) i can get better milage
I have towed a trailer with mine for over 40,000 km (300,000 km on the truck right now)
Towing a 6000 lb 7x7x16 cargo trailer - mileage goes to 22 liters per 100 km in mountains.
slow down to 90 km with that trailer (6th gear 2200 rpm) it goes to 17 liters per 100.

My tundra was built in San Antonio Texas and is as North American as every other domestic pickup.
I would not buy chev , ford, or dodge after driving a Tundra for 13 years

10x
07-03-2023, 01:44 PM

Forgot to mention. A 2" diameter pool noodle between the box and cab reduces road noise considerably when the rear window is down. Worth every penny of the 97 cents they cost at walmart.
you can't match the colour of the truck though but a blue noodle is hardly noticeable

Harter66
07-03-2023, 03:04 PM
I think I'm going to take a hard look at the crown of Dad's 25-06' tonight.

4 over Friday afternoon for a dehydrated puker that couldn't make his shift ......4 more this morning split to cover another shift for him .
On the plus side however that gives me 44 straight and 8 of that cost me 2 hours before dinner that I'd have probably just showered and scrolled forums and breakfast with Ms this morning so she got to sleep a little more before the heathen hoards started in .

metricmonkeywrench
07-03-2023, 04:50 PM
Letsee after a breakfast of Frosted Flakes and coffee while surfing Cast Boolits i ground a 10in pine stump with my small stump grinder, which about wore me out in the morning heat/sun. After a shower I turned to measuring a pile of Allen wrenches by size and Std or Metric… that took a bit of time to work thru. Wandered down and got a haircut and filed up the car with gas while I was down that way. Finished up the afternoon by putting together a box of .45acp LRN. All while we were waiting or a mail order delivery to show up. I had loftier plans for the day but after getting beat up by the stump grinder that whole plan fell apart.

Sig556r
07-03-2023, 10:30 PM
Took the dogs out, made breakfast (eggs, hashbrown, bacon, yogurt/fruits), replace trigger for Savage 39A, walked 10k steps with mrs at the mall, took youngest son to DPS for his learners permit, picked up 3 dozen rolls at Texas Roadhouse, loaded 300 9mm while watering the yard & now catching up on CB posts.