PDA

View Full Version : Primers at decent prices - RedEye

P Flados
06-27-2023, 07:06 PM
I have done business with these guys a few times.

I get E-Mails.

I see Ginex (small & large, pistol and rifle) at $60 per k. Win (small & large rifle) at $75 per k. Three different CCI types with mixed prices.

I have used Ginex a good bit with no complaints.

https://redeyereloading.com/product-category/powder/primers/?mc_cid=e49e15905a&mc_eid=b49cddc9ca

Handloader109
06-27-2023, 08:10 PM
I bought a bunch of S &B back in last shortage. Had used a good many in my 1911 9mm and the 22tcm and my Walther ppq. No issues. Loaded a few recently and have had a bunch of light primer strikes with several other guns. Ran most of them through my Ruger 9mm charger which ate all but a few. I'd rather stick with cci or win over any foriegn stuff. A penny or two is insignificant vs having to restrict to a specific gun or two.

Sent from my SM-S908U using Tapatalk

MrWolf
06-28-2023, 08:48 AM
I've never had an issue with my S&B primers nor ammo. Guess like everything else depends on the particular gun being used. I got my primers during one of the earlier scares, probably about 10-12 years ago or so. Prices do appear to be coming down slowly so hopefully be somewhat better assuming some agency doesn't plan an "event" for their agenda.

dverna
06-28-2023, 02:46 PM
I still have $16/k Wolff and Tula primers. I ended up getting 100k of them and now wish I had bought 500k. Sure better than my IRA.

Like Handloader109, I prefer using American made primers when it matters. But for plinking and practice the cheap stuff seems good enough. BTW have not had any issues with the $16/k Russian primers.

I am also seeing prices coming down and better supply. I hope Mr. Wolf is right and these bozos do not have another "event".

deces
06-28-2023, 03:42 PM
If everything goes right with what I'm planing, I'll never have buy primers again.

Budzilla 19
06-29-2023, 09:58 AM
P Flados, is there a trick to getting on their website? I went to the website, signed up for the newsletter, can’t seem to get past the sign up for newsletter!! Is it my DuckDuck Go stopping me from getting on the site? Really would like to see what they have in stock. Just asking. Thanks in advance for any answers.

MrWolf
06-29-2023, 11:50 AM
P Flados, is there a trick to getting on their website? I went to the website, signed up for the newsletter, can’t seem to get past the sign up for newsletter!! Is it my DuckDuck Go stopping me from getting on the site? Really would like to see what they have in stock. Just asking. Thanks in advance for any answers.

I just signed up using Duck and it worked. Reboot your computer and try it.

Half Dog
06-29-2023, 06:25 PM
I remember when they began. They would purchase at garage/ estate sales and resale the items. I’m glad they’re still around.

P Flados
06-29-2023, 07:02 PM

I have no clue. I use a couple of browsers and never seem to have any problems following links.

Here is a link to their home page: https://redeyereloading.com

FYI, a quick trip to the primer page found all the large primers as no longer in stock.

lightman
06-30-2023, 10:54 AM
Its good to see primers coming available again and to see the prices dropping. Like a few of the others I like CCI and will pay the difference to get them. The only foreign primers that I have used are Fiocchi and they worked fine. I have had issues with S&B brass so I have avoided their ammo and primers.