PDA

View Full Version : Gun show in loosiana

Frank46
01-22-2006, 02:19 AM
Just thought I'd post what happened at the gun show. First one since katrina/rita
Goodies first. Got lee classic cast press for $60, rcbs two die set used in 35 rem for $10 and some rem 8mm brass. Did see the CZ-50's in 32 acp looks like a baby .45. $269 was the asking price. Some minor rust on the ploor plate and scratches on the slide. Will wait for the manhurin/walther pp in 32 for about $320.
Mil surps, one steyr m95 for $139, one K31, no turks, some moisins the usual cmp garands for sale. Supposed to be another show in kenner next weekend. Was kinda disappointed at the stuff available. Usually there would be more mil surps for sale. Did see one winchester light weight in 45-70 at $995. OUCH. Frank

waksupi
01-22-2006, 03:28 PM
I also went to a gun shgow this weekend. Saw Old Vic again, but he was spreading the good word on cast boolits, and I didn't have a chance to talk to him. He did have a Saeco bottom pour for $75, but I already have two pots. Didn't spend a thing at the show, but did go to Les Bauska's shop, and ordered a .35 barrel, octagon with integral front sight ramp. Also decided on a Daly action for my current project.
I was going to use a Montana action, but have seen too many problems with them.

Frank46
01-23-2006, 02:25 AM
waksupi, funny haven't heard anything either good or bad about the montana action. What are the problems?. 35 cal barrel, hmmm. Wonder what you'll be playing with next?, 35 whelan maybe?. Always liked the integral rib or pope rib on a rifle bbl. Sounds like you have a winter project on your hands. Frank

waksupi
01-23-2006, 09:56 AM
waksupi, funny haven't heard anything either good or bad about the montana action. What are the problems?. 35 cal barrel, hmmm. Wonder what you'll be playing with next?, 35 whelan maybe?. Always liked the integral rib or pope rib on a rifle bbl. Sounds like you have a winter project on your hands. Frank

Frank, I may be too hard on the Montana action. Get one that has been properly finished and tuned, they are very good. If you are the guy doing the tuning, it is a lot of work.

Another .358 Win in the works. No sense giving up on a good thing. A guy says he will give me two grand for my other one.

Doughty
01-23-2006, 12:37 PM
Waksupi,

Saw you at the show, but you got away before my sermon was over. However...if I hada known you only had two pots, I'da coaxed you up to the front for some special soul searchin. You truly NEED three pots. One for non-antimony alloys, one for WW, and one for linotype. It's not too late brother. For what would actually be a paultry financial consideration, your leaden heart could be brought to the path of rightouesness.

Amen

waksupi
01-23-2006, 09:00 PM
Old Vic, you had them in the palm of you hand, and obviously ready to convert. The fire and brimstone were more than I could bear, and had to retreat.