PDA

View Full Version : feds moves forward with hunting regulations by limiting certain equipment

deces
06-23-2023, 04:13 PM
The Biden administration made an announcement on Thursday that it was going to start cracking down on the type of hunting equipment hunters are allowed to use on federal refuges, a change that is being strongly opposed by sportsmen groups.

The U.S. Fish and Wildlife Service (FWS) released its 2023-2024 rule which lays out the regulations as hunting season approaches.

One of the regulations involves cost-effective lead ammunition and fishing tackle being banned in eight national wildlife refuges by 2026.

"This is the latest example of the U.S. Fish and Wildlife Service creating rules that punish hunters, threaten conservation funding and advance special interests without sound scientific evidence that traditional lead ammunition is causing detrimental wildlife population impacts," said Lawrence Keane, the senior vice president of the National Shooting Sports Foundation in an interview with Fox News.

"This administration is ignoring its promise to ‘follow the science.’ In fact, it is ignoring the need for scientific evidence in order to advance an anti-gun and anti-hunting agenda," he stated.

This rule proposed Thursday would affect the refuges of Blackwater in Maryland, Chincoteague in Virginia, Eastern Neck in Maryland, Erie in Pennsylvania, Great Thicket in Massachusetts, Patuxent Research Refuge in Maryland, Rachel Carson in Maine and Wallops Island Nation in Virginia.
https://justthenews.com/government/white-house/biden-administration-moves-forward-hunting-regulations-limiting-certain

contender1
06-23-2023, 09:44 PM
It's like chopping down a tree.
You can't fell a mighty oak with one whack of an ax. But you can fell even the biggest & mightiest of them with many small whacks.

They keep a whacking at our RIGHTS any way they can.

dverna
06-23-2023, 10:08 PM
It is a stupid rule, but it could be worse...at least for me. I shoot far more rounds plinking and testing than hunting. If they banned lead bullets for recreational shooting, what would I do with 4000 lbs of alloy?

BTW, science has nothing to do with this.

bedbugbilly
06-24-2023, 09:17 AM
The last I knew, lead is an "element", Pb if I remember correctly from Chemistry class more than 55 years ago. It mined and comes out of "Mother Earth" and is used for a wide variety of purposes - in the medical field, in industry - an endless list. Should it be used for water pipes? Certainly not - but that is where common sense comes in - which is an unknown term among politicians AND government employees. IMHO, and it is only my opinion, I fail to see how am say a 200 grain lead slug or a piece of split shot is going to devastate the environment and destroy mankind. If that were the case, every Rev War, War of 1812 and Civil War battlefield needs to be cleared of structures and buildings, all wells sealed and the property be declared off limits as an environmental wasteland.

And, the last I knew National Parks and Federal Property belonged to the Citizens of the United States.

This crap is all about "control" and chipping away at the removal of personal rights by a bunch of self serving individuals who couldn't cut it in the real world of honest work if they had to. All the new regulations like these and every other aspect of the CITIZEN'S personal lives are courtesy of the Biden freak show Administration. One can only hope that people wise up and throw these self-serving fools out of office at the next election (if there is such a thing as an honest and legitimate election anymore) and all of these "over regulations" abolished - as well as a house cleaning of all the biased deadwood government employees in the way too many Agencies,

Not unlike the idiot woman who went before Congress a while ago to push for the banning of all plastics. She ranted about the horrors of plastics and then when she was done, one Congressman asked her if she actually knew how many things were made out of plastics and how important they were in the medical field, in industry and in things we used every day? She had no real answers. He then asked her if she was aware that everything she was wearing right then - from her glasses to there clothing to her shoes - ALL had plastics in them. Funny thing . . . she was suddenly at a loss for words. Moral . . . you can't fix stupid.

Every hunter, fisherman and sportsman - sorry - "person" - men and women - need to make their voices and opinions heard to put a stop to all of the lunacy of foolish, ill thought out and overbearing regulations such as they are trying to push.

John Guedry
06-24-2023, 09:31 AM
We need a "like" button on this forum. Not that it matters but I agree with everything the above posters said.

trebor44
06-24-2023, 10:17 AM
HOW much "galena" exists in the real world, not the political one?

Rapier
06-24-2023, 10:41 AM
This goes back decades now, in the Clinton Administration era range closures, using land fill formulas of the EPA to claim that lead, a natural element found n ever ounce of water on earth, contaminates by just its presence, a total falsehood. Lead only contaminates when it reacts to acids or salts, as one might find in a land fill. Active ranges are specificly exempted from EPA rules of lead contamination. The problem with elected officials is they, in general, do not think things out to their ultimate conclusion.
We as as national shooting organization saved some ranges, not all, and some of the ones that we saved had subdivisions permitted next to or around them by the local antis.

If you want to hunt or shoot in the future, own your own land, build a range and be grandfathered, in place.

Recycled bullet
06-24-2023, 04:08 PM
"a bunch of self serving individuals who couldn't cut it in the real world of honest work if they had to"

That's the problem right there bedbugbilly you understand!

No_1
06-24-2023, 04:57 PM
The “Big Guy” is banning elements now?

dverna
06-24-2023, 04:59 PM
This goes back decades now, in the Clinton Administration era range closures, using land fill formulas of the EPA to claim that lead, a natural element found n ever ounce of water on earth, contaminates by just its presence, a total falsehood. Lead only contaminates when it reacts to acids or salts, as one might find in a land fill. Active ranges are specificly exempted from EPA rules of lead contamination. The problem with elected officials is they, in general, do not think things out to their ultimate conclusion.
We as as national shooting organization saved some ranges, not all, and some of the ones that we saved had subdivisions permitted next to or around them by the local antis.

If you want to hunt or shoot in the future, own your own land, build a range and be grandfathered, in place.

I have land and a 200 yard range, but not many people can afford to do that. I do not see a good future for shooting. The average Joe is in for a tough time in the next 20 years.

Lakehouse2012
06-26-2023, 09:58 PM
It is a stupid rule, but it could be worse...at least for me. I shoot far more rounds plinking and testing than hunting. If they banned lead bullets for recreational shooting, what would I do with 4000 lbs of alloy?

BTW, science has nothing to do with this.

One of these days, I need to meet you Don! Way too many similarities to not have met :)

MaryB
06-27-2023, 01:39 PM
Have to work the courts and make sure WE have the science down pat. When the gov stooge comes in making wild claims with no evidence backing it you can refute every point they make.

How many war vets walk around with a few bullet fragments in them that couldn't be removed? My uncle who fought in Korea had fragments along a foot of his spine. To close to nerves to disrupt them. The human body is alkaline and that will not dissolve lead! It got encapsulated by scar tissue and was a non issue until he got older and his back problems(he was a tank driver for the end of his service) required a lot of surgery. They had to remove the fragments and scar tissue to promote better surgical healing.

Teddy (punchie)
06-27-2023, 04:02 PM
Justification of there Job they have to make a show !! Change something to show there Justification,,,, Sad how much of this I see.

Shawlerbrook
06-27-2023, 04:06 PM
I just wonder how far away we are from that line too far.