PDA

View Full Version : Star luber handle

COUSIN DANIEL
06-23-2023, 02:05 PM
I need to know the portion that sticks into the actuator rod diameter size please.

I have a Phelps copy and a star, I am made to understand the holes are different sizes on older stars vs new stars.

I am making handles and want to cover my bases for future sizers I buy.

bosterr
06-23-2023, 08:21 PM
.375 I broke one and bought 3 feet of cold rolled at Rural King. Mine is a San Diego Star.

rockrat
06-24-2023, 10:00 AM
Went to the pawn shop and bought an old large screwdriver that was the correct diameter. Worked well.

deltaenterprizes
06-24-2023, 06:41 PM
Went to the pawn shop and bought an old large screwdriver that was the correct diameter. Worked well.
Good quality steel!

rbwillnj
06-25-2023, 08:51 AM
I'm pretty sure the diameter of the rod for Star and Phelps Lubsizers is the same. I actually have a milk carton full of cut to length rods I got from Jim Fausto when the last of the Phelps business was being dissolved. At least I think I have them, don't recall seeing them in a while. I may have used them to make Star lubesizer handles.

Bruce Williams

MarkP
06-25-2023, 09:36 AM
The handle on mine is made by the Lutz File company. It came that way from Magma Engr. circa 2009.

Nick Quick
12-06-2023, 04:11 PM
I'm trying to figure what keeps the handle on the sizer in place. I'm moving and try to disassemble both machines to save space in the plastic bin and I'm having a hard time figuring on how to remove the handle on one of the Stars. On one the original straight handle came out really easy but on the other one I think a while back I installed a Lathesmith handles and for the life of me I cannot remove it.
Now I realized that even on the one that has the original handle if I try to put it back it won't stay there. There is something that it doesn't make sense.
I'll attach two pictures if I can figure how.
Thank you