View Full Version : Computer settings question

tommag
06-13-2023, 01:45 PM
I have an older hp laptop running windows 7pro/linux mint. While I was running 7pro, I left it on and plugged in overnight.
When I shut it off, the display was upside down. I rebooted it and it was still upside down. I shut it down again (yesterday) and haven't tried it again.
It's awkward as can be to use like this. I'm thinking there's something in the settings to change. If any of you have been through this I'd appreciate help in changing it. Thanks in advance.

TD1886
06-13-2023, 02:06 PM
I have an older hp laptop running windows 7pro/linux mint. While I was running 7pro, I left it on and plugged in overnight.
When I shut it off, the display was upside down. I rebooted it and it was still upside down. I shut it down again (yesterday) and haven't tried it again.
It's awkward as can be to use like this. I'm thinking there's something in the settings to change. If any of you have been through this I'd appreciate help in changing it. Thanks in advance.

Punch it into Google.

tommag
06-13-2023, 02:07 PM
A duck duck search yielded several articles on this problem. I'll give it a try in a couple hours.

Bazoo
06-13-2023, 02:07 PM
Press control+alt+arrow key, and you should be able to right it.

tommag
06-13-2023, 02:35 PM
Press control+alt+arrow key, and you should be able to right it.

Thanks. That matches what I found in a search. I guess I should've searched first.

tommag
06-13-2023, 09:22 PM
Control alt up arrow worked perfectly. Thanks guys!