PDA

View Full Version : Impressive New Cheap Gun

nelson133
01-21-2006, 08:48 PM
I was at a gun show Sunday (the big one at Birch Run) and came home with a Rock Island copy of a full size 1911 Colt .45. They are made by Armscor and really look nice. I shot 200 rounds of old hand loads through it today, fed everything without a bobble, round nose and swc, good trigger, accurate, couldn't ask for more. Standard repacement parts are supposed to fit. I'm very happy as I have long believed that no one can have too many .45s. Oh yeah, it was $329 new.

Buckshot
01-22-2006, 07:23 AM
...............Armscor is the importer? Where are they made? That IS a good price.

.................Buckshot

nelson133
01-22-2006, 10:20 AM
You know that country made up of islands where McDoug bugged out from and went back to in WWII? The dealer cost on these things is about $280 so you may be able to get you friendly local FFL holder to order you pne for about that price, They make a commander copy too.

lar45
01-22-2006, 12:47 PM
Ahhh, Alongapo... It's a good thing I was single then...

Scrounger
01-22-2006, 01:13 PM
You know that country made up of islands where McDoug bugged out from and went back to in WWII? The dealer cost on these things is about $280 so you may be able to get you friendly local FFL holder to order you one for about that price, They make a commander copy too.

They also make a small compact, easy to carry model, too. I posted a picture of mine a few days ago. Really nice. Be advised that Armscor makes the 1911 in 3 different sizes, two different finishes, two or three different model names (RIA, ARMSCOR, & Medallion (?)), and several different sight configurations. Here's a link to their website: http://www.armscor.com.ph/pistols.htm Bon appetite. :smile:

Scrounger
01-22-2006, 01:31 PM
...............Armscor is the importer? Where are they made? That IS a good price.

.................Buckshot

Armscor is made in the Philipines, and their stateside warehouse and warranty station is right here in beautiful Pahrump, maybe 3 miles from my place. I've been in there several times and the guy said if I need any parts or small repairs, just come in. I got the impression there would be no charge. He said he'd give me a good price on the ammo and of course no shipping charge. The floor was littered with pistol brass and he said I could have all I wanted to pick up. Twenty years ago he'd have had a clean floor real quick... But I have all the brass I need now. Or maybe I'm a whole lot lazier? Time wounds all heels. :violin:

Frank46
01-22-2006, 01:57 PM
Ah olongapo city the jewel of the phillipines. Just outside the gate at what used to be clark air force base. san miguel beer. Frank

johniv
01-22-2006, 04:49 PM
Nope, just outside the gate of what used to be Subic Naval base. A long dusty ride from San Miguel com station , transportation by Victory bus line.
John
PS ..Angelese City (sp) was outside Clark