PDA

View Full Version : More Dash camera stuff

xs11jack
06-03-2023, 08:51 PM
I am in the market for a dash cam and have found the letters WDR in the discription of a couple of them. What do these letters mean?
Ole Jack

Wots
06-03-2023, 09:12 PM
What is Wide Dynamic Range (WDR)?

Glare is a very common problem for security cameras. Due to the environments in which they are commonly installed, it’s a frequent occurrence to be dealing with or adjusting for glare. Regardless of the surface or source that’s causing the glare, the fix to the problem lies in a particular feature that not all security cameras have.
Wide Dynamic Range

This “anti-glare” feature that we’re hinting at is known as Wide Dynamic Range. Without getting to technical, WDR combines the images it gets from two different exposure types. It then takes those images and combines them into one. The end result is an image virtually free from any lighting issues.

xs11jack
06-03-2023, 10:38 PM
Hey, thank you. I am looking at the two cameras written about them. The Redtiger one is a bit comfusing about the front facing camera and the rear facing camera. I needed to get as much info as I could to get the best deal for the money.
Again, thanks.
Ole Jack